Chapter 2: "Isn't that emo shit?"

Alex's POV:

I mentally died as I stood in the entrance to the classroom.

"Hi, you must be Ms. Novelli?" The hottie- I mean teacher... Asked me.

"U-uh yeah. Nice to meet you.. Mr...?"

"Bostwick. Nice to meet you too, have a seat." He smiled warmly at me. I turned, suddenly feeling self conscious about my Of Mice And Men band shirt. I walked down the aisle, a plastic looking, blonde, bitch looking me up and down as I passed her. I heard a slight laugh from her as I sat in my seat... Right behind her.

"Excuse me? Mr. Bostwick??" The blonde skank called out her voice dripping with venom.

"Yes... Jenny?" He replied looking down at the seating chart.

"Well... Aren't you going to report her? She's late."

I then quickly realized that "Jenny" was talking about me, right in front of my face, literally!

"Um.. It's my first day, and I couldn't find this classroom to be honest, mistakes happen, I'll let it slide... This time." He added, darting his eyes somewhat behind Jenny to look at me. I pulled at my bracelets and sank down deeper into my seat feeling awkward that my hot teacher was having a conversation about me with the school slut.

From where I sat I could see Mr. Bostwick smile slightly as he turned away from where he was standing. "Alright everyone, so since it's my first official day, were going to go around the room and just say something about yourself, and name one of your favorite artists or musicians." He smiled. Damn this guy is cute. The first boy started, saying something about Drake and Jay-Z. I scoffed as I played with my bracelets once again, bored with all their answers. Finally it got around to me, and Mr. Bostwick looked at me hopefully, probably waiting for someone to name a band that he actually liked. "Oh.. Um... Well.. My name is Alex, ...... I like to draw, and one of my favorite bands is Mayday Parade...." I said. At the slight mention of drawing and Mayday Parade he seemed to perk up. "Really? Mayday parade? They're awesome." He laughed. "Yeah they're pretty awesome." I blushed.

All of a sudden Jenny spoke up.

"Oh riiiight, aren't you that weirdo who's into all those emo, scary bands?" She questioned hastily.

"Well.. Technically they're not "scary" I mean they're pret-" I was cut off by Mr. Bostwick. "Well Jenny what's wrong with "Emo" or "Scary" bands?" He questioned.

"Oh, well they're stupid obviously." His expression turned almost dark at her explanation.

"No music is stupid." He said simply.

After class I picked up my books off the floor, since I was practically the last one I hurriedly rushed to the doorway. As I stepped out of the classroom I heard a voice stop me. "Hold on... Alex. I wanna talk to you." It was Mr. Bostwick.

I stopped immediately and turned on my heels. "Yes..?" I said as I walked to his desk. "I like the way you were trying to stand up for your music today, that was cool." He smiled at me. I blushed looking down, my shoes suddenly becoming the most interesting thing to look at. "You know I went through the same thing." I heard. I looked up at him, our eyes meeting. "No one ever liked my music in school, no one liked me for that matter." He stated. His eyes looking sad. "And you know all these students WILL always be the same types of kids, assholes." He added. I looked back at him more surprised now. I never actually heard a teacher use a harsh term about their own students. "Exactly." I smiled brightly. "They will always be like this, and we can't change it. Just like they can't change our love for music." I said. "Exactly." He smiled, chuckling. "Between you and I, you can call me Kellin." He smirked.

"Alright, Kellin." I joked. I turned and walked out into the hall.

Quite a teacher, if I do say so myself.