Day 2 broken heart

Before david woke up gwen was awake and ready to start the day. She went to the mess hall and told the quartermaster he could have the day off he just grumbled and walked away gwen smiled and got breakfast ready for all the campers

[Davids p.o.v]
I woke up from the smell of breakfast and my stomach begging for food. So I got out of bed and walked to the mess hall the smell was unusual I opened the door and got in line to get breakfast there already was a huge line of children waiting for breakfast when it got to my turn I was shocked to see gwen cooking "gwen?! What happened to the quartermaster?" I said with concern she looked at me and said "Oh good Morning david! I let the quartermaster take the day off" she smiled. I froze for a little but a kid behind me telling me to hurry brang me back. I grabbed my tray and sat down

[Gwens p.o.v]
I smile as david came up but I look down like I haven't noticed him, it shocked me when he said my name "Gwen?! What happened to the quartermaster?" he asked concerned think of something to say, I looked at him and said "Oh, good Morning david" I smiled "I told the quartermaster he could take the day off" I smiled again hoping he thought that It was thoughtful. He just stood there for like 10 minutes until a kid behind him told him to hurry and he just walked off with his tray. I felt bad I know I did something wrong but how could I make it up to him I thought as i served the child. I thought long and hard about what I could do but Nothing came in mind.

[Davids p.o.v]
After I sat down and ate my pancakes that gwen made I thought of how after all this camp stuff is over how could I ask gwen out. It may only been the 2nd day of camp but I cant help thinking about her I haven't felt this way since I got that log from mr campbell. That was the best birthday present ever! Maybe I could ask the children what to do about a crush. I ran over to the children "guys I need your help!" they all turned towards me "how do you guys deal with crushes?" I said hoping for a quick reply "what I would do Ith tell them that I like them" "No, no, no what you gotta do Is offer them flowers and ask them on a date but first tell them how you feel and them ask them if they feel the same" harrison spoke over nerris. "I ask them if they like me back" "Like anyone will like you" i heard someone say in the back of the crowd. Everyone turned and looked at max "yea thats right it was me who said that" he walked up to me "who are you trying to impress?" he looked up at me "probably gwen isn't that right david" he said with a snotty attitude "As a matter of fact n-no " I said with my hands on my hips in the distance I heard someone crying. I turned around and saw gwen running back to our cabin. 'What have I done' I said to myself running after her.

[Gwens p.o.v]
I stopped working for a little to see what david was doing. I peaked from behind the mess hall I saw David with the children "Like anyone would like you" The kid with the blue hoodie shouted as everyone's attention was on him, "yea thats right it was me who said that" he said walking up to David "who are you trying to impress? Probably gwen right?" I froze when he said my name. 'Here comes the truth does david like me back?' "as a matter of fact no" david said as he put his hands on his hips. Hearing him say that made me burst into tears. I didn't want anyone to see so I ran into the counselors cabin and shut the door behind me. 'What was I thinking liking someone like david?!' i screamed in my head. David burst threw the door and look over at my side of the cabin "hey you ok?" he started walking towards me. I didn't want to talk to him because now I know the truth. I know he doesn't like me and he never will.