Chapter 6

The party was turning into what was Ana's perfect nightmare where she ends up alone and people look at her with pity in their eyes. She tried to make a conversation with her co-workers but every one looked busy with their own partners and she did not wanted to be a third wheel or intrude anyone. 

So she took a seat at the bar in the corner where the light was low so she could not be seen. Otherwise someone would come and make a pity talk with her. With a martini in her hand she was looking at the people with focus while trying to guess what their story was, it was her favorite game to play in her mind.  

===========

William was surrounded by men who were desperately trying to get him to invest in their company's but he had lost interest in their conversation even before they opened their mouths.

"Mr.Frost, we should meet again to discuss our future investments together. What do you think?" asked John Brown. John was the owner of a terribly failing restaurant chains in the city and has been following William to every event to get him interested in his business proposals. John was a man in his old age who thinks that he still got the skills to run a successful business. 

"I would love to meet up and discuss our future investments, but it seems quiet impossible as I have many commitments already. Anyways contact my secretary and  maybe we could do this when time comes."

 William lied through his teeth clearly he was avoiding the meeting with the old man. He made a mental note to remind his secretary,Rosie to avoid John's call at all cost.

"Sure. I will right away contact her" the old man bought his lie and smiled with excitement. But he didn't knew the "meeting" was never going to happen.

William smiled with at John clearly not feeling bad about giving a old man false hope and there nothing more sad than giving someone false hope. William nonchalantly sipped the whiskey in his hand while looking around the crowd.

Suddenly his eyes fell on a red dress. He took a double look at the person wearing the red dress and he could not believe what his eyes saw. 

It was the girl with the book. After all the waiting and searching he found her in this party. But only this time she looked completely different, her hair looked shorter than before. William saw that she was sitting alone at the bar counter in the darkest corner in the room with her one arm leaning against the counter and other to her side with a drink in her hand.

William could see that she was focusing deeply at someones face just like she was in the cafe, completely in another world.

She looked gorgeous and sexy in that tiny red dress and he could see her figure which was hidden in their previous meeting. She looked like an angel on earth to commit a sin with her full blood red lips and short dress.

Done with his staring, William took a determinant step towards the girl he so wanted to know and make her his. Just as he was about to reach her, a girl invaded his path.

"Hello, William remember me?" the girl asked while smiling and looking through her false eyelashes and her hands on his chest.

"No. Should I ?" William answered annoyingly at her. The smile from her lips was washed away.

As she was about to speak William took her hands away from his chest and left them to fall to her sides and walked away completely ignoring her. Right now he only wanted one girl and she was not this one.William did not remember her at all, maybe she was one of his nightstands. 

What he saw gave him a major deja vu'. The girl with the book was no longer occupying the corner seat at the bar. He had once lost her. He was once again interrupted and she had once again left.

William searched the entire room for her but she was not there. Damn! he thought if he ever got to make her his, he already knew that she was going to be handful.