Chapter One:

Ninjago City: 

"Ugh, finally," Cole remarked, "All fixed up and Serpentine free." 

We had just finished defeating the Great Devourer (with Garmadon's help), and were now trying to repair the damage taken to the city, which unfortunately, was a lot.

Kai groaned, trying to at least get a flicker out of his powers; Garmadon had never returned the Golden Weapons to their rightful owners and as a result, the boys lost their powers. 

I, for one?

I wouldn't mention anything of mine. 

"This is frustrating!" the fire ninja complained after releasing an upset groan. Cole and Jay yelped as the two and Zane tried to stand a pole back up, and tighten it to its place. 

"Our weapons are gone, and most of our powers are gone," the brunet continued to whine, "I mean, we can still do Spinjitzu, but..." 

He grunted, trying to make something, but Zane's blowtorch was the only thing creating any flames, at the moment. 

"I just feel so, I don't know, limited! And thanks to the Devourer, our tank's out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now the Bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep!" 

Zane lifted the helmet he was using to protect the metal in his face before looking to Kai. 

"No one ever said being a hero is easy," the robot reminded him, "Though our good deeds make never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways." 

"Yeah, well I don't feel rich." 

"I for one enjoy pitching in," Jay piped up, lifting a cardboard box and walking it over to a dumpster, "I've always wanted to feel like part of a community; Uh, speaking of which, has anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help." 

Speak of the...crush's sister? 

She came just as Jay mentioned her, and we could hear the engine sound of her motorbike pulling up; Wu was easily spotted sitting behind her with his teapot and cup in-hand.

"And I have," she said, "I may have found us a place to live." 

"Really?" Jay asked, "But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City; how did you do that?" 

"I know a guy who knows a girl," she explained, handing him a pamphlet of some sort, "and she knows this girl who knows a guy; well this guy knows a girl who's a real-estate agent and she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift."  

"Ooh, is it the same girl that knows that guy who knows that other girl?" I queried. 

"Yeah, the one who knows that one guy who knows that one girl!" 

"Yeah, I think I might know them." 

"Really? The guy or the girl?"

"The girl that knows the guy that--" 

"--Can we stop with the guys and the girls, please?" Cole interrupted in a huff, "Sheesh, it feels like my brain is being jerked in all different directions!" 

"And where are you off to?" Jay asked Nya. 

"We have to find a couple of components to fix the Ninja tank," Wu explained, "and my dragon ointment has finally arrived; It's a day's trip, but once we get back, we'll be flying again. Also, I love scenic drives. Step on it, Nya!" 

"Ay ay, Sensei!" the noirette answered, pressing her foot to the gas. 

"Yeehaw!" we could hear Sensei call on the way down the road. We looked to Jay, who was reading the pamphlet.