Chapter Eight:

The Dark Island: 

"This whole island is swarming with Garmadon's Indestructible Stone Army." Kai reported after heading out to play a little Spy. 

I was told to stay inside the boat, but I couldn't help myself; we weren't in Ninjago, and I wanted to see what was outside the world I knew. 

"Ha!" Jay laughed, "Good thing we're ninja and we know how to hide!" 

"Who wants to hide when you can fight?" Cole pouted, throwing down a shovel that he was using, "I'm getting tired of having our heads buried in the sand; I wanna fight these guys!" 

"But Cole, they have no apparent weakness," Zane reminded him, "It would be unwise to start a fight we cannot finish." 

"That is why we must find the Temple of Light." 

***

The Bridge: 

"The scrolls say there is a hidden temple on the island," Misako explained as we gathered around the open scrolls, "if you find it, it will give the ninja pure elemental powers, powers that can destroy the Indestructible Army." 

"So you're saying we get to fight?!" asked an eager Cole, "Woo-hoo! I got happy feet!" 

"And you, my son," she continued, "here it is written: for once the Green Ninja finds the Instrument of Peace, he will strike it, and know the power of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master." 

"Ultimate Spinjitzu Master?" Lloyd repeated.

"It means you will be able to invoke the Golden Dragon--an ancient fighting style only practiced by the First Spinjitzu Master." 

The guys gawked at the blond. Lloyd grinned smugly.

"Hahaha," he laughed, "Jealous?" 

"Uh, wait a minute," Kai chimed in, "this all sounds too good to be true--what's the catch?" 

"The catch is," Wu answered, "the Temple could be anywhere on the island, and all we have is this." 

He held up a strange golden object; it was circular with three different holes centered into it. He gave it to Zane's father (Dr. Julien), who smiled.

"A medallion!" said Dr. Julien, "It's like a compass; when the three holes match up, the medallion will reveal where the Temple is hidden." 

"Uh, how'd you know that?" Jay asked. 

"Oh, I did a lot of reading in my spare time," Julien confessed with a chuckle, "Adventures stories were my favorite." 

Zane took the medallion.

"Then, what are we waiting for?" he questioned. The guys began to stand and Jay stood me up with them.

"Oh, I'm going too?" I asked.

"Duh," he chuckled, "You're one of us." 

"But, I don't know how to fight." I pointed out. 

"Actually, you do," said Cole, "It'll just take some time to remember." 

I looked to Zane and Kai, who shrugged. Lloyd began to follow us when Wu stopped him.

"Not you, Lloyd." Sensei instructed.

"Ah, seriously?" the blond asked, "Are we still doing this?" 

"Wu is right," Misako sided, "If you were to come across your father, it could prematurely start the Final Battle; we need to be at full strength before we take any risks."