Chapter Three:

Grand Sensei Dareth's Mojo-Dojo:

"This is where Lloyd is going to train?"

Jay giggled.

"It's better than our dumpy apartment!" the lightning ninja pointed out.

As we entered in, a man dressed in a brown gi entered into the common room; the doorframe he walked out of had been decorated in hanging beads.
The man posed with one hand on his hip, looking at us.

He looked rather old, and his brown hair stuck up the same way Zane's did, though it was a little more frazzled, and poofy-looking.

"Welcome...to Grand Sensei Dareth's Mojo-Dojo," said the man, speaking slowly, "I...am Grand Sensei Dareth and I dareth you to join my dojo. Heeeeeya!"

He kicked out his leg before grunting.

I thought we may have stepped into the wrong dojo as the boys sighed, seemingly in collective realization.

"Face the wall of karate trophies," said Sensei Dareth, pointing to a large shelf that was full to the brim of martial-arts trophies, "If you look closely, my name is on all of them; that is because I am a highly skilled karate machine."

"Look, Dareth," Kai finally spoke up, bringing Lloyd into prominence, "we're wondering if we could share your dojo; you see, we've been put in charge of training this little guy to become the greatest ninja in all of Ninjago."

"Not possible, for I am the greatest in the land," Dareth declined, approaching, "How many trophies do you have?"

"Look pal," Jay addressed harshly, "we're the guys that just saved the city from that giant snake."

"Ha! Am I looking at Garmadon?" Dareth asked teasingly, "Because unless I'm stupid, and I'm not, Lord Garmadon destroyed the Devourer."

The ginger laughed nervously.

"That's been a huge misunderstanding," he tried to argue again, "Actually, we were the ones who--"

"--I'll let you train here," Dareth cut off, "but only on one condition: you can defeat me; if you succeed, we will share the dojo."

Then, things got weirder.
He started grunting again while getting into even stranger poses than before.

"That's right," he continued, "I, Grand Sensei Dareth, master of all Animal Fighting Styles, challenge one of you to a battle; I know the tiger--"

He roared while getting on all fours.

"--Python--"

Then he began hissing.

"--Penguin--"

He began walking like a penguin.

"Awk awk!"

I smiled as Kai cracked his knuckles before using Spinjitzu on the guy, who yelped in terror before ending up flat on his stomach.

Kai stood triumphantly with hands on his hips.

"How did you--"

"--You might know animals, but we know Spinjitzu." the brunet bragged, cutting Dareth off. The man in brown stood up.

"You can train in my dojo anytime."

***

"Have you ever heard the wolf cry, to the blue corn moon?" I sang to myself quietly, while wiping down the shelves in the dojo, "Nanananananana nanana...Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain, hmhm hmhmhmhm hmhm hmhm hm?"