fourteen

The following week I was sitting on the couch, cuddled up to Conor's chest as we watched the second season of Stranger Things. Joe was staying the day/ night at Caspar's. Byron had gone to the gym and was bound to arrive home any second.

"Wait, so is Nancy in love with Jonathon or Steve?" Conor asked.

"Both, I think, I'm not sure." I shrugged. "She looks really cute with Steve though."

"But Jonathon isn't toxic."

I shrugged, pushing popcorn into my mouth. I heard the door fly open behind us and I knew it was Byron.

"Hey guys," Byron smiled and walked over. He dug his sweaty hand into our popcorn bowl and shoved some in his mouth.

"Gross," I said and handed him the bowl, "Keep it."

"I'm trying to stay fit." He said and handed it back.

"Well you're sweaty and now it's all over the popcorn."

"Not my problem." He smiled and left me with the bowl.

"Hey, I have to get going but I'll text you tonight." Conor said as we sat up.

"Alright, be safe." I smiled.

He kissed my cheek and left the flat. I shut the TV off and was headed towards my room when there was a knock on the flat door. I walked over and pulled it open, seeing Jackson behind it.

"Hey," I said, "What's up?"

"I'm staying here tonight." He pushed past me. "Hotels are so boring."

I chuckled and shook my head, "alright."

"You know, your man is really attractive." He nudged.

I rolled my eyes playfully and pushed him towards my bedroom. He dropped his duffle bag by the bed and fell back.

"I am so tired." He yawned.

"Then go to bed." I shrugged.

"I just got here." He said.

"It's midnight." I said.

"You're right," He said and rolled over.

He pulled the covers over his body and was asleep within minutes. I walked over and kneeled next to him. I pushed hair from his and smiled. I stood up, walking out on the balcony. Byron wasn't out here so I figured he went to take a shower. Ten minutes later, my theory was proved right when he walked out with wet hair.

He sat down on one of the chairs, taking a drink from his water bottle.

"So are you dating Conor now?" He asked.

I looked over my shoulder at him, "I don't know."

"How do you not know?"

"We haven't established anything." I said.

"Do you like him?"

"Why do you care?"

"Looking out for a friend is all."

"Well I don't know." I said. "We're good friends and he's a nice guy but I just don't feel a real connection with him."

"Do you feel it with Jackson?"

"What?" I laughed.

"The connection you mentioned, do you feel it with Jackson?"

I turned my body, leaning my back against the railing.

"Byron, Jackson is gay." I said.

His eyes widened as he looked at me.

"He's gay? Since when?"