Six - The wall with the sun

(Y/N) slowly trekked through the woods, unable to comprehend what had happened. Did she say the right thing? She had to admit, Subaru did scare her a little back there. But no matter what happens, she won't show her weak side to the Sakamaki brothers.

When (Y/N) arrived back in the old mansion, there was an eerie chill about the atmosphere. She opened the giant door and went inside the lobby. No one was to be found. Even Ayato wasn't in his normal resting place, the couch. Spooked, (Y/N) decided to explore the mansion for a bit. She had nothing better to do, and night school is closed during the weekends. (Y/N) made her way up flights of stairs, finally reaching the 2nd floor. All the walls had a unique design to them, smooth carvings and paintings hung around each corner. She continued to climb the stairs until she reached the 3rd floor, the second to last floor in the mansion. This floor looked much more simpler than the 2nd floor. There was a reduced amount of paintings, and the walls were a light pastel maroon. As she made her away around the corner, something peculiar caught her eye. A golden object shone in the dim lights, stuck on the right side of the wall, right in the center.

(Y/N) made her way closer and frowned. What was it?

She stood in silence until she finally realized that it was an ancient clock

She stood in silence until she finally realized that it was an ancient clock. She noticed how there was a pointer that indicated where the sun was to actually empower the clock. (Y/N) frowned again as she realized the pointer was pointing straight at her while the clock was ticking. Why have I never noticed this until now? (Y/N) asked herself quietly, thinking. She swore she had never seen this peculiar clock until today. Was this placed here by someone, or did she really just didn't see it? Shaking her head, (Y/N) walked up to the 4th floor. The dorm floor.

Why was she here anyway? (Y/N) proceeded cautiously, her ears on guard. She knew vampires had a tendency to appear right height or in front of humans. She didn't want to accidentally faint. That would be too embarrassing. There was one person she really wanted to see, and mainly she wanted to check up on him. Going up to his room carefully, she lifted a hand and knocked 3 times. After a few moments of no response, she knocked again. Nothing.

"Are you still mad at me?" (Y/N) said gently into the door, her voice muffled. "I'm... really sorry about today." After a few more minutes of complete silence, (Y/N) sighed and turned to walk away.

Suddenly, she saw a flash of white behind her. The next thing she knew, Subaru was clutching her arm. His burning red eyes stared at her back, and (Y/N) could feel the heat coming from his body. Before she could say anything or even turn around, Subaru pushed her hair aside and sank his fangs deep into (Y/N)'s neck. (Y/N) didn't protest this time, only flinched. She still felt bad about what happened earlier. A few moments passed, and Subaru released her. He wiped his mouth on his white sleeve and spun (Y/N) around, taking a long, good look at her.

"Subaru, I—"
"Why are you up here? Who said you could be up here?"

His tone was strict and fierce. It seemed like he was still a little angry.

"I was exploring. I didn't mean to intrude. I just came by to see you..." (Y/N) trailed off and looked to the ground, her ears red. She didn't want to admit that she was worried about Subaru.

"Leave." Subaru's icy voice pierced at (Y/N). He cupped her chin and lifted her face to look him in the eyes. Then, in a whisper: "Leave before they see you here." He looked sincere. Subaru probably meant the other Sakamaki brothers. Was he... worried about her too? (Y/N) pulled his hand and sighed, beginning to walk away. Why was it so hard to interact with him? Was he always this cold? She looked behind her, just to see Subaru already gone.

☼ ☼ ☼

The next evening, everyone was called to gather in the living room for an important announcement. (Y/N) had just woken from a nap, so she was quiet sluggish when walking there. When she entered, everyone but Subaru was in the room. (Y/N)'s heart dropped a little, but she pushed away the feeling of disappointment. Subaru was always late, this time isn't any different.

"EVERYONE!" Laito clapped his hands loudly to get the attention of everyone, including (Y/N). "Would you shut up already?" Ayato said while annoyingly rolling his eyes.

"I have a special announcement to make, everyone." Laito said this with a huge smile on his face. "Next week is Carnivael Week!"

(Y/N) looked at him weird. "Isn't it car-ni-val?"
At this, Laito laughed. "No, silly. For our school occasion, it will be Carnivael. Next week, everyone will participate and dress up! It'll be so exciting!" He laughed again, sounding more sadistic this time. Annoyed by his reaction, Shuu got up and left the room. He made sure to close the door.

"Don't mind that grouch. Now, I also have another announcement. We have a new Bridal for the Carnivael!" Laito laughed again when he said this. The other Sakamaki brothers seemed to sit up straighter when they heard "Bridal."

Unable to understand what was going on, (Y/N) frowned at Laito. "What are you saying? Who?"

Laito smiled slyly as he pulled down his hat to cover up his piercing green eyes. The other brothers remain quiet as only the sound of the clock ticking could be heard. A few moments passed and still no one spoke. (Y/N) was about to ask again when finally, Laito slowly raised his hand and pointed at (Y/N).

"It's going to be you, b*tch-chan."

☼ ☼ ☼

Hello, everyone! I hope you're doing okay during this difficult time. I pray you're safe and your family as well. I believe we can make it through! Make sure to always wash your hands and take good care of your body. I'll return next Thursday with another chapter! Stay tuned!

Remember to vote, comment, and add this story to your reading list!

- Kawaii <3