Chapter 3

Bryanne's POV

     Drew's face went slack with shock when she read what had been vandalized onto my locker. I kind of felt bad that she had to see it. I hurriedly grabbed my textbooks and closed my locker. I turned on a heel and walked off to my next class.
      In AP calculus because i finished the notes the day before, i doodled absentmindedly in my journal. I was completely zoned out until Katia ripped my journal from under my arm to go through my drawings.
       She looked at the page i had been drawing on and began cracking up. I was confused and a little worried because i had no idea what i had been sketching. I ripped my journal back from her hands and looked at the drawing. My jaw dropped. It was Drew. I had sketched her face in detail without even noticing it. Katia stood up and only when she wasn't scolded by a teacher did i realize that Mr. McDaniel had left the classroom. She came close enough to where i could smell her breath as she got in my face.
     "I knew you were a dyke. Who is this?" she motioned to my notebook, "your imaginary dyke girlfriend?" The whole class erupted in laughter and she grabbed my shoulders throwing me out of my chair and into the wall next to my desk. I hit my head and with a hiss, i looked up at her as she climbed over my chair to kick me when i was down. Literally. We heard footsteps sounding down the hall approaching the classroom and she back away, all but running to her seat. I raised myself from the ground and pulled myself back into my chair and laid my head on the desk. I didn't move until the bell rang. I ran out of the classroom and to my car. It was my free period and i had early release afterwards so i just went ahead and drove home.
      I climbed the flight of stairs up to my apartment and opened the door. I went to my bedroom and pulled out my blade. I stalked to the shower and turned on the faucet to it's hottest setting. When the room filled with steam, i let the tears escape my eyes and roll down my cheeks. i connected the blade to my arm pulled it along the surface of my skin. Not deep enough to kill me, but for the blood to roll down my arm and the release of the internal stress that i had no other way to release. I continued leaving cuts down my left arm and my right thigh and hip.
     I was mentally, and emotionally exhausted and at this point numb, so i crawled to my bedroom and put on my sweats and went to sleep. Maybe tomorrow will be better.