Chapter 4

DREW

          It had been a long day of avoiding Bryanne and ignoring all the homophobic comments spewed around the school. It was last period with only 3 minutes left and I was ready to run out the door until I overheard the girl in front of me's conversation.

 "Yeah, he hit her. It was hilarious... I can't believe my dad ever married her mom. It's disgusting. I'm so glad they kicked her dyke ass out of our house...She was bleeding... Yeah Isaac...Bry deserved it."

I butted in.

"What happened?"

"That dyke Bry, you should stay away from her b t dubs, well, Isaac threw her into a locker today and busted her forehead open. She was in his way so he moved her."

    "That's horrible"

"I know, she's a freak."

"That's not what i meant," I retorted.

"Whatever. It was hilarious."

*3rd Person*

        She couldn't bear seeing the cruelty that was homophobic teenagers. She heard the bell. Turning on a heel, she ran out of the school, eyes full of tears about to spill, and didn't slow until she reached a park. With tears finally falling from her eyes she walked to a big tree and slumped down against it.  Drew pulled a pocket knife from her bag and held it in front of her just staring at the smooth black and silver surface. She sat there alone watching the blade turn over in her hands with wet streaks through her makeup until a black Jeep pulled up and parked in front of her. 

      A brunette stepped out of the car and put her earbuds in, grabbed a book, and payed no attention to Drew as she walked towards the big tree. 

        Bry had a gash on her forehead that was bleeding, but not badly and she had taken the flannel she was wearing earlier that day off and was in a black fall out boy tank top that showed her slim, muscular arms that were covered in cuts and scars. She watched her feet until she got to the tree and saw Drew. Her eyes went wide with shock and she immediately turned to leave.

       Drew was at a loss for words and couldn't bring herself to say anything as the girl walked back to the Jeep. Finally she got out a mangled "wait."

Bry stopped in her tracks and stood still for a second before turning around. She looked nervous and fidgeted with the book in her hand as she walked back towards where Drew was waiting.

Drew quietly pat the ground next to her telling Bry to sit. Bry did and sat there awkwardly waiting for the other girl to speak. 

"I've seen you before. You were in a dream i had. Before i started school."

"I know." 

" Ho-"

"I could tell that you had the dream too when you were walking towards me in class. You looked so dazed and surprised that i could tell."

"So you dreamt it too?"

"Yeah."

Drew slid her jacket off, revealing her arms. She lifted it to Bry's face.

"You should probably put pressure on it to stop the bleeding. Are you okay?"

"I guess. Thanks."

Drew touched it to her forehead and Bry leaned into Drew's hand. 

"It was nice... The dream i mean."

"Yeah. It was."

I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS STORY SO I'M GOING TO ABANDON IT FOR A WHILE. I'M WRITING ANOTHER ONE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ACTUALLY READ THIS. I'LL GET BACK TO YOU.