Chapter 12

America POV

Me and Maxon put the kids to bed, and leave the room. Once we are in the hall, Maxon pulles me into another room.
"Thank you America. Thank you."
" Maxon, you can't tell anyone about them! The only people that know are Celeste, my family, and now you! Everyone else thinks that they are Amanda Benson's kids!"

"America, why did you even make up Amanda Benson? You knew that I wanted you back. Why didn't you come back?" "Maxon, to be completely honest with you, I did it because I thought you only wanted me back because I was the people's favorite. So, when you got rid of me, it made you look bad, so you wanted me back, to fix that."

I could feel the tears streaming down my face. Maxon wiped them up and lifted my face to meet his. "America, how could you think that? I was just mad, when you ran off crying with Marlee and Celeste, I knew that I had made a mistake. And it hurt me to see youngin pain. Then a little later, I found out that Kriss was a northern rebel."

Maxon placed each hand on my cheeks cupping them and kissed me. It was every kiss that we had ever shared. Every moment we ever spent together all in one kiss.

We break apart, and I do something thank never thought I would do again.
I tugged my ear.