Chapter 12 - Car Ride

*Edited*

Chapter 12

Lauren POV

I storm out of Demi's hotel room, furious with both myself, and her. How could she do this to me? Pretend that she likes me when, at the end of the day, she will just go back to Wilmer. I can't go through someone using me. Not again. And even though she was using me, I'm still in love with her. How is that possible? I didn't even get to tell her or ask her to be mine. Not after someone tweeted me a picture of her and Wilmer together - still.

"FUCK!" I scream, kicking the closest wall to me. 

I had just realized that she was my only ride home....

I guess I'm walking. It shouldn't be that far, should it? I exit the hotel building and just start walking in a random direction, hoping that it was the right one.

It was dark outside, the only light on the street were from the street lights and headlights from the rare passing car. Oh crap, this is the part of a horror story where the girl, me, gets brutally murdered. No, Lauren. Don't think like that. Don't jinx yourself. Everything will be fine....

As I continue to storm down the street and angrily think about Demi, a car's horn knocks me from my thoughts. I look at the car whilst the window rolls down, revealing the driver. There, in the driver's seat and coming to my rescue, was the one and only, Camila Cabello.

"Hey, need a ride?" she asks leaning further out of the window.

I sigh loudly, running a hand through my hair and thinking about Camila's offer. If I go with her, I will get to my hotel safely. If I don't, I might be found in an alley way later. Eventually, after a very complex chat with myself, I answer, walking closer to her car.

"I would love a ride" I admit.

Camila smiled and pointed to the seat next to her. Her brown eyes glowing in the low light. 

"Hop in"

I do as she says and sit next to her. I take my time to study her. I never really had a chance to look at her properly before because, I guess, I was so distracted with Demi. Camila was really beautiful. Her smile was contagious and her personality was unique.

During the car ride we chatted, mostly just getting to know each other. The more I got to know her, the more I loved her personality. She was an adorable, cute and quirky character who started to grow on me.

Half way through the drive, I asked her a question that had been poking at my mind since she picked me up.

"Mila, why were you even out at this time of night, anyway?" I ask curiously.

She looks at me briefly before returning her gaze to the road, a smile on her face.

"Well, I got kinda hungry and went to Walmart" she says sheepishly.

I burst out into laughter earning a pout from Camila. I stopped laughing and frowned, causing Mila to look worried.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" she panics, making it almost impossible for me to keep a straight face but, thanks to my amazing acting skills, I could stay frowning.

Deciding it was time to end her panicked state, I chuckled at her.

"Kidding" I say with a smirk, happy that I fooled her. I still got it! 

She slaps me on the thigh and lets out a frustrated sigh. I giggle at her frustrated state.

"Oh my god, don't do that!"

We just started to laugh again, enjoying each other's company. I liked being with Mila, she was just so carefree and bubbly. When the laughter died down, I asked Mila a serious question.

"So, Mila, because you know how old I am, I want to know how old you are" I say crossing my arms over  my chest, my gaze fixated on her.

"I am 17" she respond cautiously.

Wow, 17? Not expecting that. She's still a minor! Ah well, I guess her cuteness fits the age. Not that it's a bad thing. I like her being cute. Mila noticed my surprised look and bites her lips nervously.

"What?" she asks.

"Nothing, just that I didn't think you'd be a minor. My little Cammie is a baby!" I say, using a baby voice at the end of the sentence.

She laughs at my behavior. The car turns down a street, the headlights illuminating the dark road.

"Cammie?" she questions.

"Yeah, it will be my nickname for you!" I say waving my arms in the air like a lunatic. She just shakes her head at me and smiles.

"I like it" she mumbles to herself, thinking I didn't hear, but I did. Ah, it must be my imagination.

We eventually arrive at my hotel and I hop out of the car, running round to Camz's side. I place my hands on the opened window looking into her eyes.

"Thank you for everything. I don't know what I would've done without you" I say, grateful for the car ride.

"It was nothing, I would've done it again in a heart beat" she says, her cheeks heating up as she realizes what she's said.

"Well, thank you Ms Cabello" I say with a Spanish accent, leaning in and kissing her cheek.

Mila blushed even more making me smile. I walked to the hotel door and entered the building, not looking back.

Maybe this was the start to a great friendship...