Chapter 4: Firsts

When Bucky woke up, he found little Alice fast asleep on the bed still

"We need to get you your own bed little one," Bucky said aloud.

"You're not going to be sleeping with daddy forever." he said as he lifted her up. As Bucky moved her around, Alice didn't wake up.  Once Bucky got dressed for the day, he laid down on the bed and put Alice on his chest. After an hour or two, Alice woke up. She looked at Bucky with her big blue eyes. 

"Hey, Pretty girl." Bucky cooed at Alice. Alice smiled and giggled like she did every day when she woke up. Bucky smiled at her, looking into her eyes. Then, something happened that Bucky didn't expect. He thought it wouldn't happen for a few more months.

"Dada!" Alice squealed happily as she was smiling. Bucky was in shock, but it was more of a happy shock. Bucky got up from the bed and tossed Alice in the air and caught her. Alice giggled.

"That's right Alice, I'm Dada." Bucky said as he hugged Alice.

"Dada." Alice said more bluntly. Bucky pecked her forehead. He brung her into the kitchen for her regular morning bottle. As he put the bottle in hot water to heat up, he kissed her on the cheek. Alice put both of her hands on his cheeks and brought him closer to her. Bucky and Alice closed their eyes and smiled. Bucky opened his eyes and took the now warm bottle out of the warm water. 

"Lets see if you can hold this thing by yourself kid." Bucky said as he handed Alice her bottle. Alice threw the bottle on the floor in response and smiled. Bucky happily shook his head and picked the bottle up.

"Lets try this again shall we?" Bucky said. He picked up the bottle and gave it to Alice. Alice took the bottle into her average small hands and put it in her mouth and started drinking

"Good girl, drinking your baba like a big girl" Bucky praised. For the first time in forever he thought he could actually father this young child, he would probably keep Alice for her entire life. He finally felt like a father, and he hoped it would last.