THREE

CHAPTER THREE______________________

CHAPTER THREE
______________________

"HEY, HAN!" OBITO GREETED HIS BEST FRIEND with an overly happy attitude, slinging his arm around her shoulders. The two had just gotten done training with each of their partners for the day, resulting in some sort of tired mentality. Or that was the case for Hana, at least.

"Hey." She greeted dryly, bending downwards to grab her scattered kunai. This forced the boy to let go of her, causing him to catch wind of her odd attitude.

"What's wrong?" He asked her, grabbing her hand to give her arm a tug.

Kakashi pretended he was grabbing his kunai as well a few feet away from the two, but in reality he found himself listening to their conversation curiously.

"You weren't at Sukiyabashi Jiro on Wednesday." Hana came back up sharply, giving him a look.

"Oh, yeah!" Obito nodded. "Rin got hurt real bad so I offered to take her to Ichiraku to cheer her up. I forgot to tell you."

"I was across the street."

"Well, Rin isn't hurt anymore. I helped her, and she was really grateful."

"But I'm hurt." Hana tried explaining, gesturing towards herself.

The Uchiha looked her up and down, smiling in amusement. "No you're not. You're safe! You're here. I'm safe. I'm here. Everything's fine!"

"Everthing's not, though." The latter said half-heartedly.

Kakashi took her words as a signal of not wanting to be in their teammate's presence anymore. He walked over to them, standing next to the blonde. "Are you ready?" He quizzed with a plain expression.

It didn't take long for Hana to go along with what he was planning. She was grateful for it. Forming a fake smile, she answered, "Yeah." and turned around, walking away with the boy following her.

The two walked together for a while after that, the noises of birds tweeting and the people of their village's conversations were the only things filling their ears. When they were finally situated at an empty bench by the park, the blonde of the pair decided to speak.

Hana's honey eyes flickered over to his face. "Well?"

"Well what?" Kakashi's onyx eyes met hers.

"Why'd you do that?" She said in a fairly obvious tone.

"You seem to be asking that a lot lately." He noticed, shoving his hands into his pockets as he always did. He closed his eyes, enjoying the warmness of the sun.

"I just-" The girl paused, tapping her fairly long fingernails on her thigh. "-I thought we hated each other."

Kakashi opened one eye. "I've never hated you."

They looked at each other again.

"Oops." Hana laughed quietly, a small smile its' way onto her face. She crossed her legs, leaning back into the bench with a deep sigh.

"You shouldn't waste your time."

"Hating you? I'd like to think I don't have to anymore."

The silver-haired boy hummed.

"I'd rather become friends." She admitted. "Even though you act like a complete ass sometimes."

"Thanks." He replied sarcastically.

"I wasn't finished." The girl nudged him with a light giggle. "You're a good guy, Bakashi. So what do you say? Friends?"

Kakashi nodded, shrugging.

"Friends."