SIX

CHAPTER SIX___________________________

CHAPTER SIX
___________________________

"I'M SO GLAD YOU'VE MADE IT!" THE SOON-TO-BE EMPRESS expressed, bringing the blonde girl standing at the front of the group into a hug. The kind woman pushed her forward slightly to get a good look at her, flashing her a bright smile. "You look just like your mother. A little bit of Jiraiya in the features, but let's be glad you got the attractive side of the family."

"Aunt Aika." Hana greeted warmly, laughing lightly at the comment about her parents. "It's good to see you."

The rest of the team stared at the pair oddly with surprised and confused expressions. The fact that the two knew each other was news to the three Chunin and their sensei, who stood off to the side to let the girl do her routine as the leader. While his face showed that he was smiling, on the inside he was confused on how the woman and child knew each other, and from where.

"When I heard you became a Jonin for your village I knew I had to choose your team for this! Yūkichi insisted I go with a more qualified one, but..." She paused, her smile never fading. "Anyways, introduce me!"

"This is Team 7." The Senju gestured to the four others. "Minato Sensei, who kindly let me lead this mission, Rin Nohara, Obito Uchiha, and Kakashi Hatake." She rested her hand on the silver-haired boy's arm, who was coincidentally standing next to her.

Aika smiled. "Nice to meet you all!" Her ocean eyes stayed on the boy who 's arm her niece was grabbing momentarily. "Mori will take the rest of you inside while I speak with Hana about a few things that I expect." She then told the rest, her thigh-length hair swaying as she turned, the blonde following her lead.

"Follow Kakashi's orders until I'm back." Hana told the two Chunin, behind her, nodding her head at her friend. "I promise it won't be for long. I won't make you suffer like that."

Kakashi scoffed, knowing she was joking.

"Hurry up." Obito mouthed to her, his brow twitching.

The Aunt and Niece walked away together, leaving the conversation at that.

"I see you've made friends." Akia hummed.

"They're the best I could have asked for." Hana nodded, holding her hands behind her back. "They mean the world to me."

"And your parents?"

"Dad wrote me just a few days ago, and Mom..." Hana trailed off, her eyes watering up at the thought of not having spoken to her mother in months. "Is she coming?"

The older woman rested her own hands on her lap, smiling softly. "She's maid of honor."

"I see."

"Can you promise me Jiraiya won't be a drunken mess at my wedding, Ana?" Aika joked, attempting to cheer up the latter.

"I can't make any promises." Hana laughed along with her, her honey eyes flickering up towards her Aunt's. "You know what he says—"

"—If you're sober, is it really a party?" Both said simultaneously, giggling.

"Kakashi. His father died, didn't he?" Aika tilted her head to the side. "Sakumo was a great man. I'm sorry that he was treated so poorly up to his death."

"He did. He was. 'Shi doesn't really like talking about it though, I've noticed." Hana nodded. "White Fang was a true hero."

"That's why he's so attached to you, is it?"

"Attached?"

"Don't tell me you haven't noticed!" Aika gaped at her, stopping in her tracks. She changed the position of her hands, placing them on her hips.

"Kakashi isn't that way, 'Ka." Hana grinned at her comment. "He lost his father and pushed all his friends away. He's slowly letting them back in after a couple of years of coping, including me, and I'm okay with that."

"I see you didn't get your patience from your parents." She commented. "If you don't believe me, that's fine. Just remember my words for later."

"Will do, Aunt Aika." Hana thought nothing of it, her lips forming an amused smile. "Do you miss being a Jonin at Konoha?"

"Yes." Aika murmured. "So much. Never let those two boys dictate what you can and can't do, okay?"

"Don't you worry, 'Ka. They would never stand in my way."

NOTE
not a lot of kakashi and hana action but im not finna rush into it either so

-theanimesociety x