Chapter 6 - The Date?

Shade's P.O.V.

Me and Tanner have been walking for a while as he made our way towards the amusement park, and for some reason, Tanner looked really excited about it. His tail wagging at the speed of sound kinda gave it away.

The sight of his tail wagging back and forth so fast made me chuckle. "What's so funny?" Tanner asked looking over at me, a puzzled look on his face.

I let out another chuckle. "Nothing. I just think your tail might go flying off due to how fast it's wagging."

Tanner blushed at the comment and he quickly made his tail stop wagging. "Are you really that excited to go to the amusement park?" I asked slightly tilting my head to the side while looking at him.

"Well..." He began. "I guess I am. It's been a while since I've gone to one, so I'm just happy that I can go to one. Especially since I have such good company with me." He said with a chuckle.

Now it was my turn to blush, as my face quickly lit up at his comment. Man, what's with guys that like making blush these days?

"Well thanks. You're not so bad of company yourself." I said nudging him in the side of his stomach with my elbow.

"Thanks. I'm happy to hear that." He said cheerfully and with a smile. Man, that smile of his can literally make anyone's heart melt.

I soon noticed that we were getting close to the amusement park, and man, this place was huge! I've never seen an amusement park this big before in my life. Maybe it's because I haven't been to many of them.

The amusement park was filled with many different colored light, and there were a lot of machines and rides. I wonder if Tanner wants to ride any specific ride. I guess I'll know once we get inside.

"Ok, so where do we buy our tickets to get in?" I asked looking back at Tanner, who seemed to be fascinated by the amusement park as much as I was. He looked kinda cute.

"Don't you worry about that. I'm going to be the one who's going to be paying for them." He said with a toothy grin on his face.

"What? I can't let you do that. Don't worry about it, I can pay for my ticket." I said completely rejecting his offer.

"Nonsense! I was the one who offered to come here, so it's only right that I pay for both of our tickets." He said completely determined to not lose this argument.

I looked at him a bit concerned. "Are you sure?" I didn't want him to spend his money on me, when it wasn't necessary to do so. I'm not saying that I'm not touched by his nice gesture, it's that I didn't want him to waste his money on me.

"Of course I'm sure. I wouldn't be suggesting it if I wasn't sure about it, right?" Tanner said with a lighthearted chuckle.

I laughed a little at that. "Heh, I guess you're right on that." I said with a smile.

"Good, then let's get going. We don't want to lose time." He said starting to talk towards the entrance. I quickly followed the husky since he was right. The more we stay and did nothing, the less time we had to enjoy and have fun before the amusement park closes for the day.

Me and Tanner got to the entrance and Tanner went straight ahead and bought our tickets. I had asked him how much they cost so I could at least pay him back for paying for my ticket, to which he only said that I shouldn't worry about it, and that I should think about it as more of a gift than anything.

As we got inside, I quickly saw that the amusement park was packed with furs all over the place. "Waoh, this place is full." I said looking around the place.