15

Taehyung couldn't sleep that night

Flipping and tossing, he was. Though the annoyed orange headed man repeatedly cursed at him and tells him to shut his fucking eyelids and sleep, Taehyung couldn't stop himself from fidgeting.

Alive.

Is that what he makes Sooyoung feel?

He had a long night to think about it. If that is so, that meant Sooyoung feels... dead. Like a lifeless doll that contained no emotions. It is only stuffed with cotton and who knows what.

The days she stayed in his room, Taehyung always knew Sooyoung felt nothing. Even making her laugh or smile or talk, he could still sense it wasn't enough. The boy would always catch her staring at him with nothing but numbness visible in her tired looking eyes.

All of a sudden, Taehyung feels somewhat pressured. Making someone feel alive and happy sounds like a great idea from someone. Yet he felt as though Sooyoung could only depend on him. Perhaps one wrong word from him would kill her instantly. That's what he feared the most. Not even spiders, loneliness, and helpless could even outmatch this fear.

Despite all of those thoughts, Taehyung swore to himself that he would do everything for her. To steal, to kill, and to die. And he meant every single word.

In the morning, he caught Sooyoung walking around the kitchen. He watched her for a bit, not even knowing what to say after that encounter last night. The girl didn't even notice nor acknowledge his presence. All she wanted to find is the ladle to use for the food. And the time consumed for finding it, she didn't realize the food is getting overcooked. Only did she notice when Taehyung went to the stove and killed the fire off. Turning, their gaze to each other stayed for a little while.

Now, Sooyoung. It didn't really bothered her about what she said. The good old Sooyoung would overanalyze it and perhaps make her anxiousness increase second by second. But today, it felt like it were some simple words that are said everyday. Besides, Taehyung is the one that asked and so she answered. Taehyung is also the one that told her to speak what's always in her mind instead of hiding it away.

Taehyung cleared his throat and smiles once he realized they were staring at each other intensely. Play it cool. "Whatcha cooking?"

"Porridge. If that's okay with all of you," Sooyoung replies, returning back the smile. Is it Taehyung or is her smile so much different than before? It's slightly more genuine and... sweet. Like peaches and cream. Taehyung drums his fingers against the table as he pulls up a seat.

"Sweetheart, everything you do is fine with us," Reassures Taehyung. That made Sooyoung pause for a minute. That simple gesture made Taehyung suddenly anxious and frozen. He wondered if what he said was wrong. It couldn't be.