Chapter 15 - "Your not who i thought you were"

Steven's Pov

I really don't want Bella at that party but there's not much I can say to get her not to go, I just don't trust Cole especially if he's been drinking. Which at his parties he is always drinking, I don't drink anymore I promised my grandma that I wouldn't drink anymore and I've been clean for almost a year now.

I still go to parties but just to hang out with Aaron, Cole is always sleeping around and getting overly wasted and I hate the fact that tonight it might be Bella, but she doesn't seem like that type of girl but with Cole fake charm who knows.

I got to the party early me and Aaron always show up a few hours before to help get everything ready. I was about to open the door when a small girl with dirty blonde hair walked out pulling her party dress up and trying to fix her messy hair. Surely Cole got yet another girl in bed; I ignored the girl and walked into the house where Aaron and Cole were pouring chips into bowls on the kitchen table.

"Hey seems like you got lucky last night" Aaron teases to Cole, Cole's face forms a devious smirk and looks up at us.

"Hell yea, and I'm going to get lucky tonight too, I invited Bella"

I cringe at the words that poured out of his mouth feeling like venom to my ears. Aaron chuckles throwing his head back in the air and fist pumping Cole. I stay quiet the blood boiling inside of me.

"Hey Steven you live with her, have you tapped it yet how's she like" Cole said turning his hand towards me and leaning on the table. I want badly to shove him to the floor.

"No I haven't"

"Don't worry after tonight when I'm done with her she's all yours" I feel as my face has lit on fire from the anger boiling inside me so much that I excuse myself to go to the bathroom. I pace back and forth in the bathroom trying to calm myself down. How can Cole be such an asshole he doesn't even care about Bella. Wait why the hell do I even care. She's nothing to me.

I walk back into the living room where Cole is putting his jacket on and heading for the door.

"I'm going to go pick my girl up" he said smirking and then walking out. I roll my eyes but thankfully he didn't see me. There was already about ten more people there once Cole left to get Bella. They were already playing a game of beer pong and dancing in the large living room.

I danced with Katie for a few songs until I saw Cole arrive with Bella under his arm. My stomach turns at the sight. She looks amazing and my heart stops in its tracks. He really doesn't deserve her. I walk up stairs to the second floor with Aaron and a couple other friends and sit in the small room where a few couches and chairs are.

About 2 hours go by and we all laughing and having a good time when I lift my head up and see Bella at the stairs looking straight at me. She quickly breaks the eye contact and keeps walking down the hall. I continued to talk to Aaron since the rest of them left when we heard crying screams from down the hall.

We walked down the hall quietly so we can try and see where the cries were coming from. Then we heard a loud 'help' come from Cole's room and my stomach instantly fell to the pit of my stomach as Aaron knocks the door down and a quickly followed behind him.
Adrenaline is rushing through my veins. My heart beating inside my throat.

There in front of me was Cole on top of Bella, tears streamed like waterfalls down Bella's face and a big purple bruise formed on her cheek bone. Both me and Aaron threw Cole to the floor and knocked him out cold.

I stared down at him feeling the veins popping out of my head. I slowing turned my head towards Bella. Who was now wrapped in the bed sheet and shaking compulsively. I slowly walk over to her.

"Let's go home"

She looked up at with a broken expression, I wanted so bad to hug her tightly in my arms and tell her that I'm her for her, but I didn't. I couldn't

"I can't go out like this" she said looking down at her body that was wrapped in the bed sheet. Without a second thought I pulled my shirt off and handed it to her to put it on. She looked shocked, I turned around and so did Aaron to give her privacy.

She tried to get up but stumbled luckily I caught her before she can fall to the cold wooden floor. I wrapped her arm around my waist for support and lead her out of the house. I told Aaron to call the cops and he agreed.

Once in the car she looked at her reflection in the rearview mirror and I saw her lip start to quiver again. I felt so bad for her, I should have been keeping an eye on her this wouldn't have happened or ran into the room quicker.

I hated myself for not watching her tonight knowing the kind of guy Cole was. I knew he would do anything to get a girl to sleep with him. I just never imaged it would go as far as to be rape.

Once we got home she quietly started to walk up the stair but stopped half way up and turn her head towards me.

"Thank you Steven...for everything"

"You're welcome Bella"

I noticed a forced smile appear on her tear stained face and I slightly smiled back at her.

"Do you want your shirt back?"

"No you keep it" I said with a reassuring smile as she continued up to her room.

I called her parents to tell them what had happened and they said they will cut their trip short and be there in the morning. I have never felt so sorry for a group of people before. Right now my heart ached for the Martinez family.

I hung up and went down stairs to go to bed and fell asleep to the thought of Bella in my mind. I was awaken by light pushes on my back I turned around to see who it was it was Bella looking down at me with sitting on her knees on my bed and still wearing my shirt.

I sat up to get a better look at her. She seemed to have been crying again.

"What's wrong Bella"

"Um I uh I can't sleep" she said choking back tears while playing with her fingers and looking down at knees. Her eyes shoot back up at mine.

"I was wondering if I could maybe sleep down her with you" She looks directly into my eyes. My eyes widen at her question.

"Never mind I'll just go to my room"

"No its okay you can sleep here if you want"

Her eyes look into mine again and we stare into each other eyes for a good five seconds before she shifts her eyes to the blanket and gets under them. I lay my bed back down on the blanket unsure if I should say anything or not.

"So you were right"

I turn my head towards Bella who is already looking straight at me. I already she's talking about when I said Cole was no good but I wasn't about to say I told you so.

"It's not your fault you know he plays girls all the time"

"Has he ever rapped a girl before...me" She says her voice cracking. I turn my entire body to face her. She had her eyes glued to the ceiling but I could still see her eyes begin to water again.

"No but he's not going to be able to do it to any other girl where he's going" she turned her body towards me and now our faces our face to face inches away from each other. I lean in and kiss her forehead lightly and she whispers

"You're not who I thought you were" right before falling asleep.