Boarding

Chapter 2

"Chloe honey, you have to get up now or you'll be late for your flight and then end up missing the cruise ship."

"Mom one more minute then I'll get up." I buried my head back into the covers. It feels like only seconds have passed when I heard my mother's voice again.

"Okay one minute is up! Go take a bath now and get ready to leave."

I sat up and slowly opened my eyes that still felt too heavy from just an hour of sleep. I guess I was too excited last night for my 5am flight to the Netherlands.

I start getting ready and double check my things before heading downstairs for breakfast.

"Dad, can you drive me guys to the airport? I don't want to leave my car there and pay parking for 11 whole days." I asked him, giving him my best puppy eye look.

"Sure honey. Just finish breakfast and we'll be on our way."

*********************

After 12 hours, I finally arrived at Netherlands. I checked my watch and saw that I had about 3 hours before the cruise ship started boarding. I decided to go out, buy lunch, and take a taxi straight to the port.

The intercom buzzed, signifying that an announcement was about to be made. "Attention all passengers, please be ready with your passport and ticket at the booth for boarding. We will be with you in a short while, thank you."

I get my passport and ticket from my bag and hurriedly go to the line when I bumped into something or someone. I'm not sure who or what it was but I just knew it was hard since I fell from the impact.

"I'm so sorry! I should've watched where I was going. Let me help you up." He held my hand and helped me up. I couldn't help but look at him. My god, he was the definition of handsome.

"No it's fine, it was my fault for being too careless." I replied.

"Well I guess we both are at fault." He smiled at me. "I've got to get going now so be careful, all right?."

He smiled then turned and walked away until all I could see was his head among the crowd. Guys don't usually catch my attention but there was something about this guy. He looked familiar but I really couldn't point out how or where I know him from.

"Welcome aboard the Royal Caribbean Cruise, we hope you enjoy your stay."

I entered the cruise ship and sipped on the complimentary welcome drinks and all I could see was a beautiful display of elegance and luxury at every corner. I was at the 6th floor of the cruise at its lobby and I could tell that I would have to spend at least 2 days to see everything that the cruise could offer. I wandered off to look for the elevator so I could finally settle in my room.

"2201... 2202... 2203... 2204... 2205..."

I opened the cabin door and was greeted by the sun shining on my room. I had a balcony with a view that looked like something straight from the internet. The ocean was glistening like there were diamonds all over.

As I was fixing and placing my stuff on the cabinets, the doorbell suddenly rang. A pamphlet was left on my doorstep so I opened it up and it was the list of activities scheduled today.

"Yoga - 4:30pm at the Gym & Fitness center... Welcome party - 6:30pm at the Poolside and Rooftop deck... Center Stage Productions - 7:30pm at the Theatre..."

"Looks like I'll be exploring the cruise ship for the whole night," I sighed.

Hours have gone by while touring the ship and I found myself at the ship's rooftop for the Welcome party. Everyone already had their plates filled with food from the buffet table and have been mingling with each other. I chose to go around before getting myself a plate. I was at the back most part of the ship just watching the city lights get smaller and smaller when I heard a voice behind me.

"Hey"

____________________________________________