tammy -2

on the drive home i couldn't help but cry. i felt like my life was falling apart, like i have nothing good in my life except for my kids. as i pulled into my driveway i saw my sisters boyfriend sitting on the porch smoking a cig. i got out of my car and went to sit next to him and in return he gave me a questioning look. "think i could bum one off of ya?"  still calum said nothing and gave me one, and lit it for me.

"rough night?" he finally spoke up. i turned to see him looking at me. "you have no idea, first i find out my little sister is dating an older guy... no offense." i said chuckling slightly. he just just kinda shyly smiled and said it was no problem. "second my good for nothing ex-husband says that he doesn't agree to what i had planned with the little ones. and then third, the cherry on top, he brings that stupid slut with him to discuss mine and his kids." i simply shook my head as i took a drag of my cig.

"if it makes you feel any better i'm not actually dating your sister, im just her bestfriend. she told me on the way over here that you're super protective over her. so we came up with the plan to say i was her boyfriend to see what you'd say." calum admitted to me. hmm that was a bright side. i was about to say something when my sister walked out.

"sissy you're home, wow i haven't seen you with one of those in your possession in a while." she looked down and pointed at the cigarette. so i threw it on the floor and smashed it with my toes. "right well i'm gonna go use the washroom, grab my keys and then we can leave." calum stated and walked inside.

"sooo, calum?" i asked crossing my arms. "i know he's not actually your boyfriend. so spill" she sat down and sighed. "no he's my bestfriend, but i wish he was my boyfriend. i really really like him like a lot. i might even love him." i sat down next es to her and just pulled her into my embrace. "it's okay, i know what you mean. i was like that once. and believe it or not he was actually my age!" we both laughed and then we heard the door close. "you ready?" he smiled and they were off.

i walked into the house and i saw a little neon sticky note on my counter. 'if you still want someone to talk to just text or call (: -calum <3' was written on it along with his number. so i decided to text him, it's the least i could do.