v

arabella woke up saturday morning when a pillow hit her directly in the face. she groaned lightly and swatted at the air, causing a chuckle to slip out of ashton's mouth. her eyes opened and he was crouched in front of the bed with a smile on his face.

"today is going to be fun!" he said excitedly, before racing out of the room. arabella sat up and took a moment to really consider her current situation. i am in a stranger's house right now, she thought. what the hell am i doing here?! he could be dangerous, for all i know. i'm such an idiot, there's no way this could end well, i -

her racing thoughts were interrupted when ashton came back into the room, holding jeans that clearly belonged to a girl. she furrowed her eybrows at them and searched his face for an explanation.

"these are my sister's," he said, throwing them next to her. "my siblings are living with my dad at the moment, back in australia," he paused, "that's where i'm from, by the way."

"i figured," arabella replied softly while thinking about their first encounter and how shocked she was when he spoke. without exchanging any more words ara left to find the bathroom. when she pulled herself into the jeans, she was surprised to find that they fit for the most part. they definitely weren't perfect, but they would do. as she walked back to ashton's room she still found herself mulling over her decision to come here in the first place. it was strange, because she expected to feel fear. that was normal, wasn't it? being scared when you're in a stranger's house? but just like the time ashton hugged her in the forest, arabella found herself far from being afraid. and that's what actually scared her.

she walked into ashton's room only to be hit in the face for a second time. arabella pulled the hoodie off of her head and realized it was a male's.

"is this yours?" she asked, holding it up. he nodded and plopped onto the bed. ashton fell back onto the blankets, and a new scent encased him. his bed smelled like her. ashton's bed has smelled like girls he has slept with before, but all of those times it bothered him. for some reason, arabella's scent didn't bother him at all.

"wouldn't my hoodie be dry by now?" she asked, sitting on the chair at ashton's desk. he blushed slightly and thought of a quick response that wouldn't sound too creepy, but of course it came across that way.

"maybe."

ara just shook her head and laughed slightly, but pulled it on over ashton's long sleeve shirt. the smell almost knocked her over, and not in a bad way at all. she had to refrain herself from shoving her face into the neck and breathing it in.

"so?" arabella questioned, kicking at the ground with her sock-covered foot.

"what do you want to do today?" ashton replied to her question with a question of his own. she furrowed her eyebrows once again while tilting her head. ashton couldn't help but stare at her expression. frankly, he found it adorable. he grinned at her as he rested his head on his elbow, and his elbow resting on the bed.

"what do you mean?"

"we're hanging out today, obviously," he said, examining the fibers in the blanket. arabella sat there, staring at the strange boy. she was waiting to feel fear, or some type of anxiety, but it never came. normally she would panic and sweat and try to get herself out of a situation like this, however she didn't feel the urge to do that since it was ashton.

"are we?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow at him. he looked up and giggled at her expression. that was the laugh she remembered from a month ago, and this time it actually made her smile. ashton's heart flipped when she smiled at him. he had never seen her smile so big - if at all - as long as he's known her.