29 | R e a l i t y

RALEIGH COULDN'T HELP, but look at Cody while he drove. The way the subtle moonlight beamed in his eyes, or the way his eyes were focused on the road in front of them. His brown hair looked soft, and she just wanted to run her fingers through it. He chuckled, and looked at her during a red light. Raleigh saw amusement hidden in his laugh, and she blushed.

"Is the Raleigh Caraway starring at me?" He joked, and even added a fake gasp.

"You're such a dork," She laughed, but didn't tear her eyes away from him. They locked eyes, and everything in her just wanted to kiss him. His eyes wandered down to her lips, and she noted how handsome he looked in that moment. Cody leaned in, or maybe it was Raleigh, but still somehow they barely had an inch in between them. Raleigh could feel his warm breathe tickling her lips, and she wanted to know if they were as soft as they looked.

A honk from a car behind them came, and caused the actors to jump apart. Cody pressed the gas peddle, and continued to drive. Raleigh's heart sped rapidly, at what could've happened. She smiled, but something in her couldn't make her feel happy. It was the rain to her parade, and maybe even the start of the end. It clenched onto her soul, and sucked the happiness right out of her. She wasn't stupid, and she could tell he obviously had some sort of attraction to her. But, a part of her felt that it was all fake. And that he would drop her in a second.

She turned to look out the window, and her heart clenched. Cody watched her, and felt confused. Had she wanted to kiss him, just as badly as he wanted to kiss her? Or was she just acting on loneliness? He finally parked the car, and he looked at the girl who unbeknownst to her, stole his heart.

"Are we just going to sit here, or get the damn movie?" Raleigh asked lightheartedly, and it eased the both of them. He nodded, and they walked up to the red box. The selection in front of them, consisted of movies that all were gravely different.

"Finding Dory," They said at the same time, making them laugh. Cody rented it, and he had payed for it; Raleigh thought it was sweet, and didn't push on it too much.

.....

Raleigh's eyes were taken over by an underwater world, and her eyes twinkled in amazement. She's always loved the sea, and the animation was adorable.

"Raleigh?" Cody said so quietly, she wasn't sure if she even heard it. He ran a hand through his hair, and took a deep breath. Raleigh was confused.

"There's something I need to tell you."

He got nervous, and Raleigh's heart beat rapidly in anticipation. She nodded, and she noticed his leg bouncing rapidly. Was he okay?

"I like you, a lot actually."

Raleigh's heart warmed, and her lips sealed close. She wanted to scream she felt the same, but it never came out. She couldn't be in a relationship, at least not yet.

"I can't be in relationship, right now Code. I can't even look at myself without feeling so much hatred, so how can I love you without loving myself? I won't deny it though, I do like you. "

He nodded, and felt hurt. Yet, he would wait for her. He would always wait for her.

________

[NOTE]

I'd say we're 70% done with this book.

But we still have that 30% though :)))))))