Chapter 1

My names Conner. Yes, I'm a girl. I'm in an orphanage because my parents disowned me. Everyone's does basically. I'm ugly. Who wants a girl with scars or a horrible past ?

I heard a banging on my door. It was Hilda. The lady that hated me, she works here at the orphanage.

"Conner get dressed! We have people here to adopt some kids. Don't try to look your best. Your never gonna get adopted anyways!" She yelled.

Im 17. Next year will be the year I'm on my own & out this orphanage. The only thing keeping me alive is 5SOS & Atl. Their the best thing that happened to me.

I'm from Sydney, Australia. That's where they are too. I really want to go to there concerts. But I really don't have a chance.

As I got ready I went into my draws. I pulled out a Misfits croptop, black ripped jeans, & my red vans. Then I straightened my red hair & walked out to see Hilda.

"Come on. We don't have time to wasted twat." She told me sternly.

As I walked into the room, I saw girls my age standing against the wall. We all waited for the people to come. I had my head down. I stayed looking at the ground. I hated making eye contact with other people.

I heard some people walk in. And was just waiting to go back to my room.

"What's their names?" One said, a guy.

"This one was Alex, Sarah, Amy, Blake, && Conner. This one is a bit of a twat." She said placing her hand on my shoulder as I pulled away from her grip.

"Well it looks like I'll take her." The other man said.

As I was walking towards back to my room, knowing it wasn't me. I got pulled back.

"Where you going. He chose you, you twat." She told me. My mouth hung open.

What how? Who would want me? Did they see my hair? My clothes? I went into my room to pack. I heard a soft knock. Lily came in. She was the little misfit here. She was 8. She looked up to me as her mum. She got picked on, until I threatend the other girls that picked on her.

"Are you gonna come visit me?" She said sadly.

"Of course baby." I said lifting her chin up & kissed her forehead.

"I'll see you soon my love." I told her.

I got my things & went out the door. I looked up to see my temporary family, knowing they would send me back to this hell hole.

Omg . I was speechless. It was Luke Fricking Hemmings & Calum Damn Hood. I went over to hug them. They saved me. From everything.

They stood there shook.

"Thank you for everything." I told them.

"Um your welcome?" They said awkwardly.

"Sorry. I'm just a really big fan. Y'all keep me going in life." I said looking down at my shoes.

They both hugged me back.

"And thank you for staying alive love." They said genuinely.

*
*
*

We were in the car for a while.

"The flat is just up ahead Conner. Hope you like your new home." Calum said.

Luke's POV:

Conner was quiet. She didn't speak at all. Only when we were in that orphanage. She seems like a really lovely girl. The mates will love her.

"So Conner? Which one of us is your favorite?" I asked.

"Ermm.. Ashton.?" She said quietly.

"Oh okay. I see how it is." Calum pouted.

She laughed at Calum. At least someone got her to laugh. I just really hope she likes it here with us.

We got to the flat & I opened the door for Conner. && Calum got her bags.

We walked to the flat & knocked. All you can hear is running towards the door. Ashton & Mikey was standing there, just staring at her. She looked at me worriedly.

"Guys I think your scaring her. Just let us in." I told them.

Conner's POV:

As I walked into the new flat, it was.. Dirty. Messy. Gross.

"Hey. You must he Conner. I'm Ashton." He told me smiling, showing his dimples.

My heart melted basically.

"Yeah I know. I'm a big fan." I said smiling.

"Hehe. Want me to show you your room & help you unpack?"

"That would be lovely."