Chapter 3

Conner's POV:

I woke up in someone's arms. Ashton's. He looked so cute when he's asleep. I moved a piece of hair out of his face for a better view of him.

"Like what you see?" He said smirking.

"Ermm.. Sorry." I said shyly. He laughed.

I got up and went to my room to shower. I saw Luke glare at Ash. I didn't notice he was behind me going downstairs. Luke looked mad.

I went in the restroom & took my hot, steaming shower. I got out & put on my Asking Alexandria crop top, black & red flannel, denim ripped jeans, && my red vans.

I went down stairs to find all the guys playing fifa. That's what they seem to do all the time. Due to the messy house.

"Oh hey, sweetheart. You hungry? There some cereal out for you. Just get the milk out. We have to go to an interview in a hour." Luke said. He acted like a dad to me.

*
*
*

Luke's POV:

We got to the interview room. We got bombarded with questions.

"So Luke we heard there is a girl living with y'all ? Who is she ? What's her name?" The man asked us. He held the microphone to us till we answered.

"Yes, she's basically my daughter since I adopted her. Her name is Conner." I answered.

"Is this Conner girl dating one of you?" He asked.

"Nope. We're all single here." Mikey said.

"Is there any way one of you heartbreakers will fall for this Conner girl?" He mentioned.
I hope not. I don't want my daughter hurt by one of them. I know how they are.

*
*
*

The interview was over & were back at the flat. We walked in & the smell of lemon scent hit our nose.

I didn't recognize the place. Conner cleaned it. She must have been bored.

"Conner! Sweetheart!" I screamed.

No answer.

"Conner baby!" I yelled once more.

No answer.

I began to worry. The boys looked at me worriedly.

I ran upstairs. She wasn't in my room. Or Ash's, neither Calums or Mikey's. So I headed to mine. There she was. Peacefully sleeping with her headphones in, full blast. It was playing, Falling Reverse Keep Holding On.

My baby looked so beautiful.

"I won't let nothing happen to you babygirl." I said taking her headphones off & turning off the music.

I covered her up. Then went downstairs with the boys.

"Is she okay ?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah. She's asleep on my bed."

"That's good." He replied.

"Ashton. What happened last night? Why was she in your room this morning?"

"Well you see... She had a nightmare & came in my room. She kept poking at my arm till I woke up. She was crying & asked if she can sleep in my room. So I let her." He said.

"Oh okay. I better be all."

"It is. I don't want to hurt her. She looks like she's already hurt & sad. She looks scared of something." He said worriedly.

He right. She seems to have nightmares every night. She ends up not sleeping or sleeping in with me or Ash.

I heard little footsteps coming down the stairs. It was Conner.

"Hey sleepy head." Calum told her laughing.

"Hi.." She said quietly.

"Guys can I go shopping ? I don't have much clothes. I'm nearly gonna steal some shirts from y'all." She said laughing.

That was the first time we saw he smile, laugh, & play around. Maybe she's already getting to being around us?

"Ye-yeah sweety. We can go with you if you want?" I told her.

"That would be great." She smiled.

Conner's POV:

When we got there, the mall, we went straight to Hot Topic. I picked out a Green Day, Misfits, Motionless In White, ACDC, 5SoS, Falling in Reverse, Forever The Sickest Kids, My Chemical Romance shirts & way more. Then I went to go buy a skateboard from Zumiez. It had roses on it. I bought a Rip n Dip shirt & a Thrasher shirt too. Then went to American Eagle to buy some jeans & shorts. Then went into Journey's. I bought some black & white vans, pink vans, & some yellow ones.

I couldn't thank these boys. They were everything to me. They were so nice. Luke is basically my dad so I hugged him. & thanked the boys.

"Y'all wanna go eat?" Calum asked.

"Sure. But no pizza Mikey." Ashton joked.

"B-but." Mikey pouted.

"He's right. We had pizza almost everyday cause of you Mikey. Need to cut down."  Luke joked & they all laughed.

*
*
*

We walked into a nice restraunt. It was pretty. We sat in a booth. I sat bewteen Luke and Ashton. The waiter came & took our orders. He smiled at me.

When he came back he gave me a piece of paper with a number on it. He seemed nice. He was cute. Most likely his. It read. 'Denice'. 

Ashton looked away fast as I put the number in my phone. Hm.

Ashton's POV:

I watched Conner put the waiters number in her phone. I was jealous yeah. But she wasn't mine. Plus Luke told me to not make any moves, so I haven't.