Chapter Two: Home?

A/n: Haha sorry this sucks it is just a filler chapter lol

*Alex POV*

As soon as John left, the same feeling of loneliness swept over me.

Just like before.

I kinda knew it was time to go home. It was getting dark. My mother would be worried.

But I couldn't go home.
I couldn't.

I just sat by my tree and thought about all that had happened.

What's was happening to John right now? Was he okay?

What was his dad doing to him? That thought frightened me enough for me to realize it was 10:00 PM.

"Oh, shoot." I mumbled, getting up. My mom was probably really worried.

I grabbed my backpack off the floor, stuffed my book inside of it, and started for the journey home.

                ---------------

I pushed the creaky door open to my house, out of breath.

You don't know how much energy it takes to get home from Creekside.

Almost automatically, I heard coughing from my mom's room.

Sigh.

She has been pretty ill the past few days. But she likes to convince me she is okay.

But when I heard her wheezing, I immediately went over to check on her.

When I burst through the doors, she stopped coughing. On purpose.

She smiled a smile that seemed just a little forced.

But her eyes showed that she was happy to see me.

"Alex, sweetheart," She murmured, placing a kiss on my forehead. "Where were you?"

She didn't sound angry. She sounded concerned.

"Just out with a friend," I hugged her. "I lost track of time."

"T--"

She tried to speak, but her voice faltered. After clearing her throat, she continued.

"T-thats alright sweetheart. As long as your okay." She smiled weakly.

I kissed her forehead once more and said "I love you mama," before I headed to my room.

See, my mom trusts me to make good decisions. She knows that I know what's good for me.

I threw my backpack down on the floor and plopped on my bed.

I don't even know why I have a backpack.

Even at 10 years old, I don't go to school. I know, it seems weird, but I know a lot for my age.

I have my own personal tutor, my brother James. My face lit up at the thought of him.

My mom knows he would be alright in school. He was tough, no one could push him around. So she sent him off to school.

He was in an afterschool tech club right now. I missed him, but I know he will be home soon.

We are currently working on fractions, and I am proud to say I am pretty good at it.

God, I'm such a dork.

But that's what my family loves about me.

One of my biggest dreams is to finally go to school one day.

And I will show them. I will show everyone. The name Alexander Hamilton will go down in history. There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait...

Just you wait...