Chapter Three: Footprints

A/n: Every time I type in John, it autocorrects to “Jofefe” and I dunno why. I have never typed that word before. Suspicious…

Another A/n: I am writing this in a Barnes and Noble parking lot, where I see a Lin Manuel Mirada book on display ;P

TW: Abuse, mom and dad issues, read at your own risk
-------------------------
*John POV*

I feel bad that I left Alex. I mean, we were just getting to know eachother.

We could have became best friends.

But still, I told him to meet me there tomorrow. Maybe he will, maybe he won’t. It's his decision.

But when I heard my dad calling me, I knew that the punishment would be easier if I found my dad, rather than my dad finding me flirting... er- I mean hanging out with some boy.

As I ran off from the swing set where me and Alex were, I just followed my dad’s voice.

Mostly because I forgot which way I came from. Partly because I just wanted to get home, and knowing my dad, he probably wouldn't go far from the house to find me.

Maybe a mile, at the most. He didn't really care about me, if that wasn't obvious.

I followed the yells of “John Laurens! Come back here right now!” and “Fag, get over here this instance!”

I ran out of the forest, a few “prickles” clinging onto my shirt.

As I was running for the street, I slipped on some of the snow that was on the floor, and fell right on my knee.

I heard a sickening crunch, and it was bleeding, but I couldn't care less.

To say the least, running was pretty difficult now.

But as I rounded the corner of the street, guess who I ran into?

Dad.

My father picked me up by the back of my shirt. I squirmed, trying to get out of his grip.

“What are you doing here?!” He yelled at me.

Hm. I wonder.

“You kinda did throw me out,” I muttered, before he slapped me.

“Did I ask for your opinion, fag?” He hissed in my face.

I really wanted to remind him that he DID ask me a question, but… I didn't. I honestly couldn't. The punishment would be way worse if I talked back.

“How did you even find me..?” I trembled.

“Look at the floor, dumbass!”

I took a quick glance at the floor, afraid that if I looked down for too long, my dad would hurt me.
And there was my answer. There were footprints all over the snow.

They were mine.

And they were leading towards the forest opening.

I'm so freaking stupid.. I thought.

“Your coming home right now, and your grounded!” He yelled.

Pulling me by my collar, he dragged me home.

Even though it hurt, I didn't dare mention that to my dad. I was damaged enough.

At the thought of being damaged, I suddenly remembered my knee and an intense stab of pain corsed throughout my body. 

“Ngh~” I groaned. This was going to be a long day

                  ~~~~~~

               A day later
(Warning: SO FREAKING EMOTIONAL BE PREPARED TO CRY)