Chapter Two

Ivory paced in her small living room, waiting for her cell phone to ding

              Ivory paced in her small living room, waiting for her cell phone to ding. any moment now, she told herself and as if the universe heard her wish, her phone started ringing and she jumped at it picking it up without even looking at the caller's ID.

"Hello, yes! this is Ivory speaking!" She finished in one breath. but to her dismay, she heard a loud laugh at the end of the phone.

"Edward?" Asked Ivory.

"Hello? yes! this is Edward speaking!" And laughed some more at her. Ivory humphed and waited for him to finish his round of laughter.

"What got you so eager Ivy? Oh, let me guess you are waiting for a phone call from O'Sullivan's industries?" He finished straight to the point.

Ivory groaned, "Sam told you.." 

"Of course, she told me, Ivory! I'm your best friend, equivalent to Sam, yet you didn't tell me but left me out of the plan!" Edward needed to scold Ivory for leaving him out and waited for her to say something. Ivory knew she should have told him but she did not for a good reason and she will tell him why she did what she did.

"Ed, you were in France for god's sake conducting some business and having two bombshells on each arm, you were busy in both work and private. I couldn't intrude," She said and it was her turn now to wait for an answer.

"Ed? Edward?" She asked waiting.

"Open your door," He told her and Ivory was too perplexed at his order.

"Ed, what is it?" She asked him as she went to the front door and opened it and came face to face with him.

"I will forgive you, Ivory, this time but in exchange, I'll get all the details from you now and a good ten pancakes with extra maple syrup," He said as he removed the phone away from his left ear and smiled. he knew he won the deal before she even replied.

"Deal!" And hugged him. he returned her hug by tightly hugging her and buried his nose in her hair, vanilla and lemon, he loved this combination.

*****

As the night went by, Edward was half-way through his pancakes and Ivory sat on her sofa, her favourite black sofa and hugged her pillow closer to her chest waiting for Edward to say something, anything! after she told him her amazing plan as she liked to call it thirty minutes ago and so far he opted for silence as an answer.

She was trying her best to stay calm and composed, her mom's mantra of discipline was starting to fade in her head and was getting replaced by a louder noise of the clock's ticking, increasing her irritation to a whole new level with every tick. her left foot started hyperventilating by tapping the floor at seventy-five miles per hour! Ivory was losing it and the damned man was still silent. he's doing this on purpose! she thought to herself.