Chapter Four

Sunday morning came and I had to drive Oliver to soccer tryouts, however I still had yet to get my australian driver’s license because of the move. I slipped on a pair of jeans and a thin flannel and some flip flops and called Calum to pick us up. My dad always had Sundays off of course and him and Ava were still in bed. It was around nine thirty when Calum arrived to pick us up, but he wasn’t alone.

“You ready Olly?” Olivia said waving us into the car. I obviously recognized her but there was a boy sitting next to her. Olly hopped into the back seat and I slid in next to Olivia and the boy. He had straight, dark brown hair and blue eyes, and a soccer jersey. I assumed he was going to tryouts too.

“Georgia this is William Stewart, he’s Ashton’s best mate and an amazing soccer player.” Olivia said.

“Will.” the boy said smiling and lifted a hand to me.

“He does little covers and stuff and played guitar for Ashton before Ashton joined the band, Georgia.” Calum informed me. 

“This is my brother Olly.” I said to Will. 

“Oh cool are you trying out?” he asked Olly.

“Yup!”

“Are you nervous?”

“Are you kidding?”

Will laughed. “Hey mate that’s what I like to hear!” he said high fiving him. 

When we got to soccer tryouts it looked like the whole school had come to watch. Soccer was obviously the sport to play at Norwest and everyone’s enthusiasm was incredible. Everyone sat down on the bleachers and I noticed that the other boys and Andy were sat at the top of the bleachers. Calum and Will helped Oliver around and the three of them took off onto the field. It was windy, so I pulled my hair into a long braid again to keep it from flying everywhere. 

“Hey Georgia!” Andy said. She was wearing a navy number 5 jersey that matched the one Michael was wearing next to her. She had on eye black and was being loud as hell. She was obviously a huge soccer enthusiast and supported the team.

I sat down between Michael and Ashton, and behind Andy, who sat next to Olivia and Luke. The bleachers were cold from the breeze that blew against our faces and brought goosebumps to our skin.

“How long do tryouts last?” I asked. 

“About three hours.” Andy told me as I messed with her long hair in front of me. 

“Agh Im so bored!” Olivia said.

“Don’t be such a priss Liv.” Andy said as she screeched for Will as he made a swift goal on the field. “By the way guys, Im free from everything tomorrow so I can come tomorrow.” she said and I realized that tomorrow was Monday and the boys had band practice again.

Then I remembered something. “Hey Liv you never told me you played bass?” 

She was going to answer but was interrupted by Ashton. “Yeah she wants to start a band with you Olivia.” he said winking at me. Ouch.

“You play!?” she asked stunned.

“She sings and plays acoustic and electric guitar.” Ashton vouched for me.

“Really?” Olivia said now fully turned around and resting her head on Michael’s knee, looking up at me.

“Yeah!!” I said matching her excited manner.

“We should get together sometime and play!” she said.

“Yeah maybe!” I said. “I had a band back home but it broke up.”