Chapter Three

All the bulletin boards in the school were filled with soccer tryout flyers and school spirit banners the next day. Soccer tryouts were to be held on Sunday, and during lunch on Friday we had a pep rally. The varsity soccer team from last year all stood up on the tables and yelled a couple of cheers; this included Calum. I eventually learned that he had been on the varsity soccer team ever since year eight, and that he was the most talented on the team. He stood on top of our lunch table and lead all the cheers and screamed as loud as he could. You could tell he was liked by almost everyone and they all cheered back to him. I laughed at his enthusiasm. 

My phone buzzed again inside my pocket.

“Hello?”

“Hey sweetie, the ‘cinct’ doesn’t need me for the case they’re working on today, and so I’ll be there to pick you and the kids up today, alright?”

“Oh okay...” my answer to my dad was interrupted by Michael, who could hear my dad’s booming voice from my phone. His face perked up.

“Georgia!” Michael said.

“Hold on dad.” I said. “What Michael?” I said holding my phone down.

“That means you can come to band practice right?”

“Oh yeah, c’mon, please Georgia?” Olivia chirped right in.

They both looked at me puppy eyed. 

“Hey dad,” I said turning back to my phone. “Im gonna stay later at school today and hang with some friends okay?” 

“Okay call me when you leave alright?” my dad told me.

“Yup! Bye dad.”

“YAY!!” Michael and Olivia said together hugging me from either side.

“Weirdos.” I said. “Where do you go to play?” I asked Michael.

“Oh they just go over to our friend Ashton’s house. He’s the drummer.” Olivia said.

“So there’s four in the band?”

“Yup! Michael, Luke, Calum and Ashton.” she confirmed.

“I’ll see you later at home okay?” I told Ava, kissing her on the forehead and making sure her pink backpack straps were secured.

“Bye Ava!” Calum said like a child as Ava ran to give him a hug. She had taken a liking for Calum since yesterday apparently.

“So who’s car am I hopping in?” I said turning to my four friends. I noticed a girl running up to Olivia.

“Hey sorry guys I can’t make it today I have a big project to finish with Katie.” Andy said to us, and pointing to her friend Katie who was with her. I noticed Katie was the rude girl from my first day here. Katie gave me a dirty look and then hurried Andy along, probably because she didn’t want to be seen with me. 

“Andy!” Olivia said. “Hey that’s okay, Michael will miss you though!” she said teasing Michael. 

“See you soon okay loser?” Andy said punching Michael playfully in the arm and leaving with Katie. Andy waved to me, remembering me from math class as the two of them turned and left.

“Okay so, Georgia, you can go with Michael to keep his lonely arse company.” Luke teased him further, and blocking himself with his hands from Michael’s punch. 

“C’mon,” Michael said grabbing my arm and pulling me along to his car. “We don’t need them.” he said sticking his tongue out at the rest of them as they all laughed in unison. I let out a laugh too. They were all such easy to get along with people.