Chapter 1

Alisia's POV

It all started the day report cards came in. When I came home from school I gave my parents the card and automatically ran up stairs. I didn't think they would do anything as big as a boat trip to Florida, but they did. It wouldn't be that long of a trip because we live in North Carolina. Its not a big boat its one of those where you can survive a few days in it but nothing more. So me and my parents were packing for the trip and I was supposed to be the one to take the luggage to the boat, because im 14 and my parents are like 40 so I have to do everything. So i'm walking down to the pier with my idiot brother right behind me and guess what happens. I see a scuba diver in the water. The first thing I think is what the hell is a scuba diver doing in 12 foot water?!?! Then I look closer and notice a dolphin swimming beside it. I start thinking that he must be training it and let the matter quickly slip my mind.

I get down to the pier and I don't see my little bro anywhere, so I go down to the boat cellar type thing and set the luggage down. I start on my way back up and it feels like the boat is moving. I quickly run up to the top place and see my brother. It looks like he screaming " Watch out for the merfade!" Which made absouloutly no sense whatsoever. Then I realize his walkie-talkie is on the boat and so I grab it and completely go off for pushing the boat away from the pier. Then I realized he has his walkie at home. I think 'Great where am I going'