Chapter 5

The drive back from the horrible hospital to my house was spent wrecking my brain on how I can pack really fast and what things I can afford to leave there which I can live without.

The last thing I wanted was to confront my dad. All I wanted was to get in and get out but I knew this would take time.

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be because I don't have much stuff in fact me and Liam managed to pack everything in 3 hours.

At first we started to pack my clothes, that was easy everything had to go in one suitcase I had nothing to leave behind same with school stuff and other personal daily use items and then came the valuables. That's when I broke down.

Seeing all the family albums, pictures of me growing up, me and my dad but what hurt me most was seeing pictures of my mother knowing she's not beside me to help me with all this.

How would she have reacted? Would my dad have done what he did? I'm sure mum wouldn't have let him.

Liam tried to comfort me best he could seeing me so emotional but he didn't know why and I didn't want to tell him, it hurt too much.

He didn't ask me anyway which I was grateful for yet still he assured me he would be there for me always and we would get through it all. No matter how weird and awkward that was I appreciated it and it felt right.

After I collected myself and continued to pack my mind drifted to my father.

I was wondering why my dad didn't come back at that time, where he was and how could he even dare to do what he did in the first place.

Going down the stairs I gave my now old house one last look and turned around to leave.

As I was opening the door I saw him about to put the keys in the door to open it. I froze but I immediately felt Liam's hand on my back and I relaxed a bit knowing he had my back.

"Skye please listen to me I'm so-" He started but I shook my head, swallowing my tears and trying to keep my head held high.

"Save it, I don't want to hear a word coming out of your mouth Mike." I told him and he glared at me.

"How dare-" He started but I cut him off again.

"How dare I? How dare you! You should be ashamed of yourself. I really hope you realise what you have done and what you have lost because I never want to see you ever again. You're not my father anymore. I don't even know you, I look at you and all I see is a monster." I told him and he looked at me with regret but he was also angry at me and at Liam.

"Get out of my house you slut" He said through gritted teeth.

"With pleasure." I told him shoving my way past him with my bags in my hands and Liam in tow.

Climbing into Liam's car I broke down for the umpteenth time today. I was starting to pity Liam, maybe just a bit. These hormones weren't helping either.

Liam didn't even start the car he just let me cry and tried to calm me down the best he could.

"I'm sorry, just drive I'll be fine." I told him trying to compose myself.

"Are you sure? It's completely fine if you want to go back inside, I can even come with you if you want." He said but I just shook my head.

"I just want to move on and forget about him, I know it's impossible but I have to try." I told him and he nodded.

"Very well then, wanna go straight to my apartment or stop by and get some food?" He asked and I looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Can we go to your house? I'm not that hungry." I told him and he gave me a stern look.

"Don't forget you're eating for two." He said glancing at my flat stomach. I immediately followed his gaze and placed my hand on it.

"Alright, let's get something but not too big." I told him and he smiled and drove off.

When I told him not too big it went from one ear and out the other because Liam ordered every healthy thing from McDonald's and stopped for ice-cream afterwards. But I guess my appetite did come back seeing all that food and I can't deny my baby what he or she wants can't I?

"Not too big huh?" I teased him and he laughed.

"Anything for my baby and I didn't force you to eat it all I just gave you a lot to choose from." He said as we pulled up at his apartment.

"Welcome home." He whispered taking the key out of the ignition and glancing at me.

"You ready? It's not big but it's enough for out little family and if you think it's small we'll look for a bigger place and-" He rambled but I cut him off.

"Liam, it's perfect and it's enough." I told him and he took in a deep breath. "You're thinking too much, you've already done so much. I know I don't really show you how much I appreciate it but I do. I know I've been a bitch to you before but I'm grateful you didn't run away when you heard the news and that when you had the chance to get out of the situation you saved me and my baby." I told him looking down at my stomach. "Our baby."

I looked up at him and saw him smiling. "I'm happy, I really am." He said and I returned his smile but I couldn't return his statement.

Was I happy?

I don't even know, everything is just too much right now.

But one thing is for certain I am happy to be having this baby so I finally said it back. "Me too."