Sweet sixteen

Hi guys, this is really where the story starts... Hope u like it! Vote and comment and all that stuff :)

Fudge17

chapter two

Friday, September 7th, 2091

Today is my birthday, I'm turning sixteen, mum said she'd bake me a cake if I promised not to tell anyone outside our house. I promised.

"Aaron, wake up." Hunter said poking me in the ribs.

"Birthday girls should get to sleep in." I mumbled as I literally rolled out of bed, which hurts in my case because I have the top bunk, Hunter has the bottom one. Our room is too small to each have a bed on the ground. Our room is painted light grey, same as all the other houses. Everything is the same ugly grey.

"I don't think they should." He said throwing me a white tee shirt and black shorts.

"Change quick, I'll meet you in the basement." Hunter exclaims as he walks out of the room already dressed. I change as fast as I can and start running down the stairs. Our bedroom is on the top floor along with James's room, mum's room is on the next floor with the bathroom and on the main level is the kitchen and living room. Finally I arrive at the basement jumping the last five steps. The basement of our house is just like everyone else's, small with cement floor and walls. With a little cabinet mum stores the can foods in. The only difference is what we us it for. Training. Ever since my awful 11th birthday my brothers and I have been training so we can be ready for when the time of revenge is here. I know it seams strange, but Scott's death fuels us. At first it started as a joke, so that we'd feel better knowing that the man that killed Scott would pay with his life for what he did, but one week after he died, a rumor got out that he'd been participating in an anti government action that was going to force an out break in the states and over throw them. Personally I thought that would be cool, ya know a whole war where the people take back there freedom, but I never believed that there was a proper way of doing this without getting caught, but the fact that the people from the government wanted everyone to know he was a horrible person after he died and could not avenge it, seams rather rude.

"What do you want to start with today birthday girl?" Hunter asks me.

"Aren't we waiting for James?" I say confused. Normally we all start together.

"Thomas and him are taking care of some business, they should back by lunch time." He says uncomfortably, as if he doesn't actually know when they'll be back.

"Okay then..." I say slowly. "I guess we could do some push ups."

"Sounds good."

Two hours later Hunter and I have done push ups, sit ups, berpees, wall sits, jumping jacks, step ups and a gazillion other things. By now it's around 8 o'clock, which means mum has probably finished making breakfast. Even though both boys work there still never seams to be much money. So our food isn't first class. Although I must give mum credit, she can make almost anything tasteful. Today is Friday, mum normally makes eggs and toast on Fridays.

"I bet you a piece of cake you can't lift me up the stairs." I challenge Hunter, mostly because my legs hurts after all that exercise.

"Ha! If I can't I'll let you sleep bottom bunk for a month." He laughs.

He grabs me around the waist and throws me over his shoulder easily and runs up the stairs skipping every second step. Seines how the living room is only twelve steps away, it didn't take long for Hunter to drop me on the sofa backwards.

"I think that deserves a piece of chocolate birthday cake!" Hunter whoops loudly.

"Hunter don't yell so loud. All the state is gunna hear you shouting about chocolate cake!" Mum says from the kitchen.