12

taehyung

getting off of zara's bed i made my way to her bathroom in the hallway to wash my hands. once i was done, i headed downstairs to wait in the living room while zara took her time to get ready to go out.

scrolling through my phone my fingers took me to safari and typed in 'cute date ideas'. most of the ideas were pretty headass and seemed like something you'd read in an overdramatic romance novel.

"if we're going to do something today, at least let it be fun for both of us."

tossing the phone to the side, the gears in my head started working. a lightbulb went off in my head as the perfect date idea came to mind. my eyes looked for the small backpack i brought with me. spotting it, i lunged over and began emptying the contents out of it.

"okay, we got a speaker, hopefully charged. don't have any books that zara usually reads but i got marvel comics so that'll do."

going through the rest of the contents i found two portable chargers, lucky us, and my wallet along with my keys that didn't get left at home for once. leaning back onto my hands i caught the sound of the shower turning off. my hands hurried to put everything back in the bag before i tried to sit as normal as possible.

i grabbed my phone and mindlessly scrolled through my social media apps while zara finished up. hearing a door open and footsteps, i craned my neck to look towards the stairs.

even though she wasn't in the most extravagant outfit she still managed to steal my breath away. zara had on a black t-shirt that hugged her form paired with distressed dark blue jeans and a black pair of old skool vans. her curls were put up into a high puff that sat on top of her head.

"you know zee, if you were a fruit you'd be a fine-apple."

a giggle escaped from between zara's soft lips as she laughed at my joke. it made butterflies fly around my stomach and my heart rate speed up. 

"one of your jokes wasn't too corny, for once. anyway let's go, we have still have some time to kill before it gets super dark outside."

zara grabbed her mini backpack and headed out the door. following her lead i slipped on my shoes and locked the door before closing it behind me.

looking up i made eye contact with zara as she glanced down at her phone. as if she felt my stare she looked up, tilted her head to the side and smiled a smile that made my brain turn to mush.

"standing here all day would be a waste, wouldn't it?"

shaking myself out of my dazed state i grabbed zara's hand and began walking down the street.

"don't worry, today is definitely not going to be a waste."