Year '88

Before I could ask him as to why he was taking notes we could hear loud knocks. I turned around and looked into the direction of the door.

Andy stood up. "This must be my roommate who thinks that several pairs of keys for one apartment are overrated." he laughed. "I'll be back in a sec!" he then stood up and walked to the door to open it.

I'm pretty keen on meeting his roommate because Andy had nothing but good things to say about him. Andy recently got out of rehab and his roomie was nice enough to let him live with him unconditionally. He also told me about the fact that they love making music together and are each others' biggest supporters. Must be a pretty nice guy.

My eyes were glued to the door at that point because I was so curious about meeting him. After having to search for his own keys for what felt like an eternity, Andy finally opened the door and let his roommate in.

"Andrew my love!!!" a tall guy with long, curly dark brown hair exclaimed and embraced Andy in a tight hug. He just tapped his back. "Hey man! Sweet to have you back!!"

They then came into my direction and I quickly turned around so they couldn't catch me staring at their reunion.

"Sheri, I want you to meet my roommate and also best friend! Chris, I want you to meet Sheri my new friend!"

New friend. That's sweet.

His roommate, Chris, shook my hand with a smile. "Nice to meet you Sheri!" "Nice to meet you too Chris!" I said and smiled back at him.

I love how he didn't ask any question as to how I was randomly here. He didn't seem to mind. Thank god! I was scared that my sudden appearance would make shit awkward but Chris seemed to be just as open minded and welcoming as Andy.

Chris then grabbed a chair and sat down between me and Andy.

"Okay so! My trip was amazing thank you so much for asking." he remarked with a sarcastic smile. "Our next US tour starts in about a month! Starts on Feb 11 in Hollywood and will end on Oct 24th in San Francisco but we'll have plenty off-days in between for me to come home. Most of the shows will be in Seattle anyways. That's pretty much what we have sheduled for this year. It's only January and whole Year '88 is already planned through. I'd say the meeting was successful." he looked at both me and Andy with a big grin.

"Man that is amazing! I am proud of you." Andy said.

"Congrats. This sounds really cool!"  spoke up.

Chris smiled and then took a look at the notebook that Andy used to take notes a few moments ago.

"What's that? Do you have a tour planned as well?" he pointed at the notebook.

I still wanted to know what the notes were all about as well so I was glad that Chris spoke up about it.

So? Answer Andy? Why is he so hesitant about answering?

"Why, actually yes. I am. I'm going on a US Tour and I was thinking about having Sheri as my support act."

At this point me and Chris were exchanging confused looks. None of us knew what he was talking about nor what he could've meant by that.

Andy looked at us and then rolled his eyes. "Sheri and I are going on a road trip soon. This is the list of all the places we're going to visit! We're going to start our little tour as soon as Sheri is ready to do so."

Did he... What... I'm... Did...

I had to stop my thoughts for a second because I wasn't even able to form a proper thought.