September 15th 2022

Get ready for a lonnnnggggg chapter!

"See you in 3 hours Haybug!" Ryan said as he kissed my forehead and walked down the road. Today was Friday, the exiting (and dreaded) day of my first dance at a public school! I've been to red carpets and instagram proms before but a party like this I know would be much different, at least I can have fun without an interview or a camera shoved in my face.

This week has been pretty neutral, meaning not much has happened. Yes people have been staring and whispering still, but apart from that it's been very chilled. I'm happy I've managed to keep up with my homework and I am getting closer to my friends by the day.

I sped walked, pretty much ran to my home because I was so exited to get ready, mainly to finally shower because today was so abnormally hot and I just had pe.

When I got home Annie was there to greet me, she normally gets home from her high school before I'm even off the bus. "Look who's going to her first dance todayyyy." She teased as I grabbed a granola bar from the pantry. "Seriously, stop you silly goose." I replied, gently slapping her on the elbow as I walked past. "I'm just saying, if you need any help looking glamourous..."
"Yes I will come to you. But it's still nothing too fancy. I'm not going to homecoming, it's an eighth grade dance."

I went to my bathroom and took a shower before straightning my curly problematic hair. I decided to wear some light blue ripped jeans from Hollister (does Hollister exist in the US? Pretend it does) a white shirt with a little cactus in the corner, black Adidas superstars and of course, my Caleb thumby and the necklace Ryan got me nearly a week ago. I was luckily told by my friends it was casual so this would do, not to casual but not too fancy. I put on some consealer, highlight, eyeshadow, mascara and some lip gloss for makeup. I'm currently getting alot of acne so I try not to wear too much makeup at one time so hopefully my skin will clear up soon. Finally, I had to make sure I was all packed up to stay at Ryan's for the weekend and Monday. So I put my toothbrush and other small things like that in my large backpack.

I took that backpack and a purse with money, my phone and other bits and bobs inside of it, downstairs and waited to be picked up. I hugged Annie and my mom goodbye because I wouldn't be seeing them for four days. It reminds me of when Annie would go to LA with one parent and the other would stay with me so I could still go to school, until it became too much and I had to be heschooled, and well, we all know how that turned out.

There was a knock at the door and I opened it, it was Ryan. "Wow you look so beautiful!!" He said whilst we hugged each other. He helped me carry my heavy bag into the car and we drove off to school, for the second time today. The school hall looked really cool, cooler than it normally does anyways. There was a DJ, Lazer beam light things and most importantly, a table full of snacks. When me and Ryan walked in we saw Becky, Emma and Cameron straight away. They all looked amazing.

We did some really cringey dancing for a while, Ryan picked me up and spun me around multiple times, which made me give out a really ugly laugh, but I didn't care, because I know all of my friends don't care.  They all really ship us together, which I'm grateful for, it may be annoying but they are supporting me so. Then we ate some food and chilled out. I was really happy that I had a really tight friend group because I haven't had one of those in ages. We talked about making some plans to get ice cream sometime and also had some deeper talks about college and other stuff like that.

It was late, and I was actually happy with how the night went, I had so much fun with my new friends, and it was very carefree, I was exited to come back on Monday. The last song played and everyone was getting ready to leave until someone started talking from the stage.