12

A further two years and Charlie was still writing those letters to Nancy. He still didn't send any of them. The Mulligans had not heard from their daughter for two years more and even they were beginning to give up hope of ever getting their beautiful daughter back. Charlie still had hope. 

One day he was in the local market buying some vegetables to take home with him as he was going to England for four weeks to spend some time with his family and to report back on those he had recruited for the Order whilst in Romania.

 It was official, the evil scumbag, Lord Voldemort was back and Dumbledore's secret army, The Order of The Phoenix was being reformed with old and new members and the Weasley's, that are of age made up some of the members. 

He was going home to see his family, except they were residing at the new Order headquarters, the family home of the Black family along with Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black himself, Belle Florence, Remus' daughter and Fred, Charlie's younger brother's girlfriend, Hermione Granger another friend of Ron's and a few others. 

He was just finishing paying for his peppers when her spotted some long brunette hair in the corner of his eye. He turned quickly and followed the woman until she turned around. 

It was her.

He was sure of it.

"Nancy?" He asked coming closer to her. 

The woman stiffened and Charlie knew he was correct. 

"Charlie?" Her voice was quiet but just how he remembers it to be. The man nodded, his lips pursing so that he didn't cry. "What are you doing here?"

"I work in Romania remember," He said, "Why are you here?"

"I just wanted a small break. I didn't realise we would be in the same area." 

She lied to him. She remembered exactly what part of Romania he worked in and hoped that he still did. She had left working for Felix and looking after Violet after the news of Lord Voldemort returning. Even though the father and daughter had no idea she was a witch she could not risk either of them getting hurt and resigned, painfully leaving the little girl she had cared for after many years. 

It was then that she decided to find Charlie. She had finally worked up the courage to face what she had left behind and visited her parents, telling them everything. Th three cried for hours on end as they shared what had happened to them for the many years that they were not in contact. They understood why she left and called her silly for thinking what she did but nonetheless welcomed her back with open arms. 

She had stayed with them for a few months and begged them not to tell anyone of her return as she wanted to be the one to see them first. Hence Charlie was no wiser of them hearing anything from Nancy. 

Then after a few months, she collected every bit of courage she had and took a muggle flight to the part of Romania Charlie worked at and every day for a week she had been visiting the market in hopes of bumping into him. She didn't want to disturb him at work and that's why she didn't go to the sanctuary, well, she did but she only went passed it to see if she could spot him. She never did. 

Charlie chuckled, a tear slipping down his cheek, "You've never been a good liar, Nance," He told her, edging closer. 

Nancy smiled at the small nickname that she hadn't heard him say in a long time, "I know. I'm sorry, I wanted to see you, I have done ever since you left school..." She replied, tears welling in her eyes as her lips began to quiver. 

"Then why didn't you?" 

Nancy shook her head, "Because I was stupid. I had all these thoughts in my head that are ridiculous but at the time they didn't seem like it and I was ashamed of them. I felt stupid for feeling the way I did and I felt that you all would hate me for it so I stayed away."