Is It A Date?

Is It a Date?

Frisk needed to figure out a way to get her mom to leave without her; even if Frisk was an adult, Tori tended to worry a bit much over her sometimes. The idea of telling her that she was hanging out with the skeleton brothers for old time's sake seemed like a good idea. It was frustrating that she couldn't outright tell her the plan, she didn't like lying about it but she knew her mother wouldn't believe her and it would only make her upset. She hoped that since Toriel knew the two brothers, Sans more than Papyrus obviously as the two had been friends long before Frisk had fallen, maybe she could convince her that. Even if she ended up sleeping over that it would be okay since they likely had a hotel room nearby and Sans - well, he had never broken that promise she'd learned about... Toriel had trusted him to keep her safe in the underground; surely she would do the same even now.

She went up to Toriel, breaking away from the rest of the group momentarily, who was admiring the memorial. "Hey, mom... How are you doing?" Toriel looked at Frisk, her eyes softening immediately

"This is one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me." She says as she hugs her daughter.

"I am so glad you like it, mom. ... Mom, I was wondering if I can hang out with Papyrus, Sans, and Mettaton for a while. I haven't seen them for so long, and I miss them like crazy." Toriel looked at her daughter with a smile. It was hard sometimes to remember that Frisk was now an independent young adult who was kind to a fault.

"Alright... but promise me you will call me the moment you need anything. Do you know how long you will be gone?" Frisk presumed it would only take a couple of days at most. The underground is not too big to her recollection.

"3-4 days I think that is how long they are probably going to be here, I hope to spend as much time with them as I can before they go back to the city." She nods Seeming to consider what Frisk is saying for a moment before asking.

"Will you accompany me down or are you going to leave with them?" Frisk glanced at Sans who happened to be looking her way at that moment

"No, I will go with them okay? Besides, it would be rude as a host to leave guests without saying goodbye to everyone." Toriel placed her paw on the side of her daughter's face, cupping it with gentle affection.

"Thank you will never truly show how I feel today. I am so proud to have you as a daughter." A blush covered Frisk face some for the gesture and the bit of shame she felt that she was still deceiving her to make an even happier ending for her hopefully.

Hours passed, Toriel left with Alphys and Undyne. Asgore had left a few minutes later. Papyrus and Mettaton came up to Sans telling him that they are ready to go.

"ARE YOU READY TO GO, SANS?" Papyrus inquired of his brother.

"i'll 'ketchup' with you guys later. i told Frisk i'd meet 'em here after the memorial." A slight blush came across his face as he recalled the earlier conversation.

"OMG... Is my little darling dating little old you?" Mettaton asked but looking at Sans' bright blue face the answer was obvious. The news seemed to shock his brother to the point that he hadn't even seemed to notice the usual pun.

"Oh, my... I did see her hug you and I overheard her talking to her mother about to ask if she could hang out with you guys. She told her that she missed you guys A LOT. Now I know it is just one particular she missed more" Sans didn't think his face couldn't get any darker of a shade. Boy, he was really laying it on thick, wasn't he?

"s-shut it tin can..... i'm nervous enough as it is. i mean, i don't even know what the plan is yet." It was stupid to admit, but he didn't know what Frisk had planned because she hadn't said.