Chapter 3

Willow's POV:

My amber eyes widened in shock, as we faced the lodge. Shredded clothes littered the floor and the wallpaper was torn violently off of the walls, a trail of dried blood led to an open door which I was sure led to a bathroom. I drew in all the scents through my powerful nose. Wolf. Blood. Cat. Male. The scents were overwhelming so I couldn't pinpoint them exactly all I knew was that someone was hurt. I turned round to see Hawk with an outfit in his jaws, he nodded his head at me, obviously asking that I do the same. I guess the only way of investigating this properly is in human form. All their is are ripped dresses, I couldn't see any wearable clothes from here but that soon changed when I found a figure hugging, ankle length black dress with a slight rip at the back and a small bloodstain on the shoulder. It wasn't something that I would usually wear, especially not in mid winter, but it was all I had. I turned back to Hawk who had what looked like a lopsided grin spread across his face, though it's hard to tell when he's a wolf.

Right, we will both turn around and get changed and we are not allowed too turn back until we both say so.

But Willow, I don't want you to miss out on seeing my sexy body.

Pervert

Hawk winked then turned around and I quickly shifted and squeezed into the black dress. It was definitely to small! 'Okay, I'm ready' I hesitantly called 'so am I' a deep voice spoke back. I am so nervous that my hands are visibly shaking. I took a deep breath then turned around, an average sized, quite thin teenage boy stood in front of me. He is very handsome and has neatly gelled brown hair. His eyes were a beautiful, intricate sea green. 'Your beautiful' he breathed 'and that dress shows off the real good bits' he winked again 'your a douche' I scolded him teasingly.

That was when i realised there was no time for jokes or teases, someone is hurt and we are just messing around while they could be dying. I frowned then started wading through the clothes towards the bathroom, the blood scent was overpowering and the smell of body odur was not far behind; the smells were making me cough. I reached the door and was about to open it then whimped out, I looked up at Hawk who had a confused look on his face. 'Whats wrong?' I questioned 'I know this smell' he muttered. I stared at him for a while longer but he was just muttering under his breath so I turned back to the door, took a deep breath and pushed it open.

Hawks POV

'I know this smell...' I don't understand it the scent is so familiar, yet so strange. It reminds me of puphood and running around free before our older, kind Alpha and he was taken over by his son, Cain. Any pups that are born have to be evaluated by him and if he doesn't like them they are 'banished' and taken to a werewolf kids home. It is terrible and we know it but at least he doesn't hurt them. I think he is strict but strong and the pups incident is the only bad thing about it. I opened my eyes and my mouth dropped, 'I know who it is.' Willow whipped around the door ajar and shock shining in her eyes, 'what? Who? Huh?' I pushed the door open and there lay a man, deep bloody wounds covered his body and what was left of his clothes were stained a deep red. His eyes stared unseeing into the wall. He was dead. I walked over and knelt beside him, ' who is it?' Willow asked again. 'My alpha' I said quietly, the words sticking in my throat 'Alpha Cole'