It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing

As I walked into the house, I could tell that they had been talking about me. The awkward silence was almost comical. Gracie immediately provided a welcome distraction that Selena didnt hesitate to grab a hold of. I almost said something, but decided it wise to keep my mouth shut. She was wound tightly.

"Mommy!" The three year old giggled as she ran into her mothers arms.

"Hey princess." Selena smiled as she scooped her up. "Did you have fun?"

"Uh huh!"

"She's a pro." I said as I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Well she's learning from a pro." Taylor smiled.

"I've ways been a good teacher." I said winking. Selena narrowed her eyes at me. "I'm good with my hands." I added with a smirk.

Taylor clamped her hand over her mouth in an attempt to hold in a laugh. It didn't really work. Selena pursed her lips and glared at me.

"Seriously?" She asked.

"Nah." I said taking a drink of water.

"Can I color?" Gracie asked Selena.

"Yes baby. Come on." She said taking her daughters hand and leaving the kitchen.

I watched her as she walked away. I couldn't help it. She had a great ass.

"You're in rare form." Taylor said crossing her arms. "I guess your time away really brought out the best in you."

"Oh, come on. She was asking for it. Besides, I deserve to have a little fun right?"

"Don't provoke her."

"I can't help it. She pisses me off. Things are perfectly fine around here without her showing up and bringing her roller coaster complicated ass emotions. She gives me whip lash. I think we're in a bitchy phase right now."

"Demi, are you seriously going to walk around her pretending like you don't feel anything for her anymore because if that's the case, you're seriously overcompensating." She said rolling her eyes.

"Don't even start that with me. I laid it all out on the line Tay. I don't know what sob story she's telling you, but I'm the one that got the short straw." I responded.

"And she didn't?" Taylor scoffed. "You're not this self sacrificing little angel you make yourself out to be. You put the moves on her to start with. Lets not forget that."

"She was practically begging for it."

"Listen to yourself! That's your baby brothers wife! You should've known better."

"She could've said no."

"To you? Probably not. You make her stupid."

"Umm is everything alright?" Shane asked awkwardly as he walked into our conversation.

"Yeah. We were discussing Naya." Taylor answered quickly. I nodded in agreement.

"Oh. You guys getting back together?" He asked.

Taylor laughed. "No. That would be a mess."

"Ok." Shane said slowly. "Anyway, we've got some work to finish up you gonna help?" He asked me.

"Yeah I'll be right out."

"We'll be at the barn." He said as he walked away.

"Bye babe." Taylor smiled. "Love you."

"Love you too." He replied with a grin.

"Looks like you're off the hook again." Taylor sighed. "Don't be a douche. I mean it." She warned.