Thunder Only Happens When It's Raining

I woke up and rolled out of bed. It was still early so I headed toward Gracie's room to check on her. It was empty. I was a little surprised that she wasn't in bed, but it didn't alarm me. She was safe in this house. I noticed Demi's bedroom door was wide open. I assumed she was up already and that Gracie was with her.

I passed by Demi's door and stopped dead in my tracks. I had never seen anything more precious than the two of them. They were both fast asleep. Demi was laying on her stomach with her head resting on her arm. Gracie was laying sideways with her head resting in the small of Demi's back. Her little cheek was squished against Demi's skin and her mouth was open. My heart literally skipped a beat. I leaned my head against the door frame and just stared at them. They were perfect.

"That should be illegal." I heard Taylor mumble as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

"Right?"

"I totally get it Sel."

"Really?"

"Yes." She said as she looked at the two of them sleeping. "That is the sexiest thing I have ever seen. People really need to stop letting her have small children." She chuckled.

"I know..." I breathed.

"She can get it." Taylor grinned.

"Tay!" I said lightly tapping her arm.. "Stop it!" I laughed softly.

"I'm just saying Sel. That is ridiculous." She said pointing at the two of them sleeping.

"Let's let them be." I said quietly as I grabbed Taylor's hand and led her downstairs.

"I don't know why you settled for Nate." She said as she started making coffee. "Demi is a ten. She's charming, sexy as hell, great with kids and I'm pretty sure she's good in bed. Perfect." She grinned.

"You're the worst best friend ever." I teased.

"I just don't get it. After everything that you guys went through, you're still not together. It's stupid."

"Tay..." I warned.

"I'm serious. I used to think that you were just really stupid. I've gotten to know her pretty well. I totally get it Sel. I don't roll that way, but she's perfect. Especially for you. You need to wake up." She said seriously.

"I don't want to tear this family apart. There's more at stake than just me and Demi." I answered sadly.

"That just sounds like another excuse Sel. Nate is safe and dependable. He's also been half assing his way through your marriage since it started." She frowned.

"I know." I sighed. I'm gonna check on Gracie again."

"Mm hmm. I bet you are." She grinned.

"Shut up!" I said sticking out my tongue.

As I walked upstairs I could tell they were awake. I could hear Gracie giggling and Demi making what I can only describe as growling noises. I looked in the doorway and I laughed when I saw Demi holding Gracie upside down by her ankles.

"Gimme all your lunch money!" She teased the little girl.

"Nooooooooooo!" Gracie squealed.

Demi then proceeded to drop her onto the bed and blow raspberries all over her stomach as she wiggled and laughed in an attempt to get away from her.

"Hey Sel." Demi said slightly out of breath. "You want a turn?" She said smiling mischievously.

I laughed. "No. Maybe next time."

"Mommy!" Gracie said running over to me. As usual I scooped her up and hugged her tightly. "I sleeped wif auntie Demi." She said smiling brilliantly.