kilo?

Kilo hooked his strong arm around my shoulder as we walked into school through the gates, moving his dark hair from his eyes.

"Hm you're overprotective after that email." I teased.

"Moni, I can't take any chances." He pecked my cheek. Tingles shot up everywhere. My cheek burned where he kissed it. We weren't official, we didn't even think about dating but I admit, I did fancy him. So when he kissed my cheek, fireworks lit up inside of me. Even being in that small embrace, there were electrical impulses swimming around my body. "Stay safe today, okay?"

"Okay."

"I was thinking about that black veins stuff."

"Hm?"

"Are you being fully serious?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

The rest of the day was relatively normal until the end of school where Kilo was at the gates, waiting for me. His hood was up and was staring blankly at his phone. When he saw me, he waved and smiled, almost sneered. When I came up to him, he held me in a long embrace. Something felt off.

"Let's go, Monika." He soothed.

The pauses between each word seemed to long and the weirdest of all, Kilo hadn't called me Monika in a long time.

Calmly, I whispered, "Who are you?"

The confused expression flickered over his perfect face. He tugged at the strands of hair that fell out of my ponytail, "It's me, Kilo?" He held my face with his big hands and placed his lips on mine. It didn't feel right. I pushed him away.

"I'm going to ask one more time before I lose my cool, who the f*ck are you?"

He grunted, eyes darting behind me, "We have Kilo, come with us or he dies."

My heart stuttered and I felt as if ice water had been thrusted all over me as all the hairs on my neck stood up.

"Wait, hold up, what do you mean?" I stammered. He could smell the fear of me, making him go into an ugly grin.

"Aw is Moni in love with Kilo?" The person mocked, crossing his eyes.

"Please tell me this is you Kilo, please stop trying to scare me."

The person slapped my cheek and held my jaw in his hand, "Would lover boy Kilo do that? Huh? Now, you gonna save lover boy or are you gonna let both of you die a slow painful death?"

Tears started to spill out of my eyes, "Okay take me to him." My voice quivered, the person released his painful grip on my jaw and readjusted his hood.

"Good choice. Now follow." The person ordered, grunting.