the woman

My breathing gradually became unstable, to where I realised, I had completely abandoned my mother and my life will be completely different. My heart felt heavy as we stepped out of the car, a large building made of glass towered over us. The breath in my throat solidified as I caught a pale white face peering through the glass two levels up, her dark hair enveloping her face. When she saw me, her eyes widened and she ran.

"Welcome to your new home," Ash announced, almost proudly, "you'll be assigned to your room and, uh," his face got serious and darkened, "I'm sorry for lying."

"It's okay"

Ash gulped, "No, not yet. You'll see"

We entered the pristine building where the stench of bleach invaded my nostrils.

"Where's Kilo?" I asked, a quiver in my voice.

Ash sighed, "Well..." his large green eyes met mine and widened, "I-" He cleared his throat. "I'll take you to him later."

He strolled up to the large desk in the middle which was concentrated with people that had intense focus. Some were focused on the screen of their computer whereas some others were ferociously typing away. Ash jumped onto the desk and put a winning grin on. He tapped the shoulder of a woman.

"Hey, I got Monika here." He said, deepening his voice. He ran his hand through his hair. The woman looked up, her dark eyes brightening up. She shot up, grinning. She stretched out her arm to shake my hand.

"It's so great to have finally met you!"

She looked like me. But older. And... sexier. And just perfect. Her eyes glistened. I feasibly gave a smile. Ash seemed to be in a trance.

"Can I go see Kilo now?" I wryly asked. Suddenly, her face altered and her nose scrunched up.

She nervously chuckled, "What?"

My brow furrowed, "Kilo? You know, tall guy, broad shoulder, dark hair-"

"Oh..." She smiled but her eyes didn't, "why?"

Weird question?

"I was promised to get him because..." I huffed, "I care about him a lot and he cares about me and-" I stopped before I could say anything else. Her body tensed and her eyes turned cold. Her eyes flickered to Ash.

"Take her to her dorm, I'll talk to you later Ash." Her voice sounded sweet but had harsh undertones.

He ruffled his hair with his hand and leaned in, "Sure and," licking his lips he whispered, "can't wait." I wanted to vomit. The woman rolled her eyes and sat back down, resuming her work. 

Walking away, Ash seemed properly chuffed with himself. "She liked it."

I thought, sure, whatever you say kiddo.

As Asher escorted me to my room, I kept asking when I would be able to see Kilo but he wouldn't reply. I thought to myself, maybe it's tomorrow.