CHAPTER TWO

" You're the shuckiest shucked-face stuck there ever was "

"Stiles, your not making any sense. How do you know Minho? Who the hell is Newt? You never mentioned them before, they have you brainwashed," Scott told Stiles, not understanding how he knows Minho and who this Newt person was. Who in the world names their child after a lizard? But, he doesn't care about that right now because there is something going on with his best friend, his brother.

"Newt is my best friend," I told Scott, making Minho fake cough. "I mean–our–best friend. Minho, Newt and I have been friends for three years and yes, I know that was when I got kidnapped. So Scott, leave us alone," I explained to the puppy eyed werewolf.

"Stiles–" Scott started but Minho quickly cut in.

"Tommy, tell this dumb shank to leave so that we can go save Newt," Minho said, giving me a look.

The rest of the pack either glared or growled at Minho's use of language.

"His name is Stiles!" Scott yelled.

I stood straighter with a glare, not liking the idea of someone yelling at my best friend. Minho saw this and grabbed my arm, making sure that I won't do something stupid.

"I don't know who the hell you think you are but you have brainwashed my best friend—" Scott started, not standing down or taking his eyes off of Minho's.

"Your not my best friend," I told Scott, making him turn to me with puppy eyes and a frown. "Not anymore. Stiles is just a memory, he was a past life that I will not live anymore, I am Thomas now and Thomas has always and will always protect his friends." I stood my ground, not even flinching when Lydia and the rest of the pack gave me a disappointed look. "Minho, Newt and I survived together and we will always be there for one another. And right now, Newt is in need of help, so I don't care if you're all sad or disappointed in me, but I am not backing down," I told them, shoving Minho into my old jeep, getting into the drivers' side and starting the car, and not that much longer, we were screeching out of the parking lot.

Arriving at my house, Minho and I jumped out of the jeep as soon as I turned the car off.

I ran inside but not before unlocking the door. I went into the kitchen, grabbing a notepad that Agent McCall had for me. I looked at it and saw the number for Jorge and Brenda. I grabbed my phone, dialing the number.

"Hello? Who is this?" I heard Jorge's accent flow through the phone making me slightly smile, knowing that he was fine. What they didn't know was that a pack of werewolves–the McCall pack–was listening in on the phone call.

"Jorge?" I asked even though I knew who it was.

"Thomas, it's good to hear you and know that W.C.K.D hasn't showed up," Jorge said, looking at Brenda who perked up at the mention of Thomas.

"About that..." I trailed off, hearing the groan from Jorge.

"What is this about? Did they come for you? What happened? Are you and Minho alright? Did—" Jorge kept asking questions, worrying about the son he never had.

"Jorge," I said, cutting Jorge off. "Minho and I are fine. But, we got a letter and before you say anything, it's not from W.C.K.D, we think it's from Newt," I explained to him, cringing at how hopeful I have become.

I then heard some shuffle from the other end of the phone making my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Thomas, this is Brenda. Are you serious right now? This could be a trick from W.C.K.D, they could be planning something. And plus didn't you...?" Brenda's worried but reasoning voice came over the phone. She trailed off, not wanting Thomas to get all depressed and to think about him shooting Newt.

The pack stood outside, confused about the whole situation, not knowing what this was about or what W.C.K.D was.

"He used a hint and he said the nickname that he gave me. They never knew about the nicknames that we gave each other. It was from Newt and he needs our help," I informed the girl that I used to like.

She sighed but, even over the phone, I could tell that she nodded.

"How fast can you guys get down here?" I asked her, wanting to start a plan so that I can get my best friend back.

"Your in California, right?" She asked and I said a simple 'yes'. "Good, because we are only a hour away from California." She informed me, making me smile. "Where in California are you, exactly?" She asked and I turned to Minho who was looking at me expectantly.

"We're in Beacon Hills, California. Get here as fast as you can," I ushered her, letting my worried and frantic voice show through, telling her that she and Jorge needs to hurry up.

"It will take around three hours, but we'll try to get there faster, Thomas. We will save Newt this time, I promise," She told me, using her soothing voice which worked.

I turned to a impatient Minho and nodded with a thumbs up, telling him that they were on their way.

"Thomas, you and Minho be careful until we get there," Jorge's voice rang through the phone.

"Will do, Jorge," I told him, hanging up the phone.

I then turned to Minho who had an eyebrow raised in question. "They're on the way. They will be here in around three hours, maybe less. We will get Newt back. I just hope he doesn't hate me especially after what I did," I told him, frowning at the memory.

"He loves you too much, Tommy. We all love you, we could never hate you. Chuck–" Minho's voice cracked at the mention of the twelve year old, and I even teared up thinking about Chuck. It's been almost two years but it's still sad. "He didn't hate you, hell, he even jumped in front of a bullet for you so that you wouldn't get shot. Newt begged you, too, so don't beat yourself up," Minho told me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

I smiled up at him and he could tell that his words did make him feel a little better.

"Thanks, Minho. I can always count on you," I told him, glancing at the clock.

My eyes widened at the time, not expecting time to go by that fast. "We should probably rest before they get here, we have a long and painful adventure ahead of us." I told Minho who nodded.

"Can I stay here? I mean we are going to be leaving soon," Minho asked me and I nodded.

We made our way upstairs. I grabbed my backpack, filling it up with some clothes, food and water. I looked at Minho to find him packing his own bag.

"We can both stay in my room until they get here. I'll set an alarm for two hours," I told him and he nodded. We got into my bed and fell asleep.

The pack stood outside with confused and questioning looks. "What the hell was that about?" Malia asked, quietly to not wake them up.

"I don't know. Go home and we'll meet here in two hours so we will be here when those people arrive. I will find out what's going on," Scott told his pack with a determined look plastered on his face. He wanted to know what made his best friend this way.