CHAPTER TEN

" there are no winners, only survivors "

"I'll be on watch," Brenda said when she noticed that everybody was about to pass out.

"Brenda–" I started but was cut off by her glare. "Fine," I huffed, slumping against Minho who was still sitting by me. He gave me a wink and a cheeky grin. "Shut up," I told him, relaxing against him as I heard him let out a small chuckle. I let a smile form over my lips before I fell in oblivion.

It felt like hours before I finally woke up but once I did, I noticed that everybody but Brenda was still asleep. I let out a quiet yawn, looking at Minho who looked very comfortable. He looked so adorable as he was curled up in a ball, his head on my lap. I couldn't help but be reminded of Newt.

I then heard an intake of a breathe, catching my attention. I looked up and saw that Brenda was held at gun point by a man in a suit. There were others guys, about twenty, in suits, standing around with their guns pointed at us. I shook Minho awake who looked up with wide eyes at the men in suits.

"Well, well, well," I heard a familiar voice, an all too familiar voice.

I looked up at him with a glare, my body shaking in anger. I clenched my jaw and hardened my gaze on the intruder.

Scott looked between Thomas and the guy with a confused expression. He and the rest of the pack didn't know what was going on, but they were ready to fight if necessary.

"Nice to see you again, Thomas. And I see you brought some friends," The guy said, glancing around at the pack.

"You son of a –" I said, getting up but was quickly stopped by a gun being pointed at my head. "You won't shoot me. You need me, just like you need the rest of us," I told him with a smirk.

"You, yes. But them, no," He told me with a smirk, making a few of the guys in suits point their guns at the pack. I rolled my eyes, not even flinching.

"We'll just fight even more than we already do if you kill them," I told him and plus, I knew that they would heal well, at least all of them, except Lydia, would.

His smirk fell and shook his head at the guys in suits. "Well played, Thomas," He told me.

"What do you want, you asshole?" I asked through clenched teeth while Minho held me back by a hand on my shoulder.

"I want you Thomas," He replied, and I rolled my eyes in response to that. "I want all of you and I have recently found out about the departure of Newt." And at those words, I sucked in a breathe. Him and Ava were the reasons why I thought Newt was dead in the first place.

"You don't know what your talking about," Minho growled at him. He doesn't like where he is going with this.

"But you do, so does Thomas. Actually all of you but the new people do," He said, glancing at the pack. My glare hardened when the pack looked at me with wide eyes.

"What is he talking about?" Scott asked but more like demanded me.

"I don't know," I told him, shrugging.

"But, you do," Rat-man said, his smirk growing on his face. "How did it feel to stab your best friend in the chest?" He asked which made Minho and I to growl at him.

Jorge was trying his best to get to Brenda but was failing. Minho was trying to hold me back, but also himself since he hates him as much as I do.

"You stabbed somebody?" Scott asked, it looked like he was left on the side of the road with no food. He gave me look of sadness but he also looked like he didn't trust me, anymore.

"Don't listen to him," I told the pack who kept looking between me and the guy.

"But they should. They should know that they are with a bunch of killers," Janson said, giving me a look.

"Oh, like uour so much better with kidnapping kids and sticking them into a maze while you watch them suffer and die, one by one?" I asked him, shaking Minho's hand off of my shoulder. "Or how about chasing us and blowing up a building with people in it?" I asked, taking a step forward. "Or how about when you swooped into where the mountain people lived and killed bunch of their people and captured more children?" I asked him with a sneer. "How is that so much better, Janson?" I growled at him, taking a gun from one of the guys in a suit.

He tried to grab me but I hit him in the head with the butt of the gun. That was a signal to the others, for them to start fighting. Even the pack started fighting, but they weren't killing. Minho and the rest of us were fighting to kill. I didn't care what people thought about me as long as me and my friends could live, I would be fine. All that mattered to me right now was to get to Newt.

"Janson," I said through clenched teeth, shooting one of his guys in the chest, making my way towards him. "I will kill you, you son-of-a-bitch!" I yelled out to him. "You ruined our lives," I told him, kicking one of the guys in the chest, knocking him down. Once he was down, I brought the butt of the gun down to his face until I heard a sickening crunch, meaning I cracked his skull.

"I would like to see that, Thomas," He told me through all of the chaos. I glanced around me and found my friends getting knocked out. I looked back up to Janson who smirked and that was the last thing I saw as I slumped to the floor, my eyes widening when a boot came flying into my face.

Everything then went dark.