CHAPTER NINETEEN

" they didn't ask for this life "

"Is this place safe?" Came the words of Scott, his voice booming through the abandoned building.

"Well, let's hope so," The voice of Harriet responded back.

I grabbed a flashlight and turned it on. "Guys, turn your flashlights on."

Sonya, Harriet, Winston, Aris and Frypan all had flashlights attached to their heads, so they just turned them on. The others turned on our hand flashlights.

We all then huddled together and looked for any lights that might work inside the building.

"It's quite," Sonya spoke up, her hand finding mine.

"Too quite," I agreed. I then found a light switch and turned it on. I jumped back when I saw a dead body on the floor. "What the hell?" I whispered and then was pulled back by Sonya who held her other hand to her lips. I looked to where she was looking and found a pile of dead bodies. "Oh, my god," I gasped.

"Thomas, what did we walk into?" Brenda asked, her hand going to my arm.

"It looks like a massacre of some sorts," Jorge's voice was heard. "Thomas–" I looked to where he was looking and found a woman, a woman that was in one of my stolen memories.

"Is that–" I was cut off when she moved. I gasped, grabbing my gun and pointed it at her.

"Th-Thomas?" She looked at me, blood falling from her mouth. Her right hand was held to her stomach. I ran towards her, trying to help her out. The others crowded around us.

"Wh-who are you?" I choked out, tears building up in my eyes. This woman looked so much like me and it scared me to find out the truth.

"I'm-I'm your-your mother." I stood up, my hand flying to my hair. "Son," She choked out, more blood coming out of her mouth. I held back a sob as I bent back down to her. "My beautiful boy." Her hand, the one that wasn't holding her stomach, caressed my face. "I'm-I'm so-so sorry that-that I wasn't there for-for you." Tears were falling from her honey eyes. "W.C.K.D said that they could save-save you, so I-I let them take you from-from me. I found out later that-that they weren't helping. I'm-I'm so sorry," She choked, her eyes closing. "I-I love-love you." Her breathing then stopped.

I cried out, my hands holding hers. "I-I love you too." I felt arms wrap around me. I looked up and was met by the sad eyes of Minho. "She-she was my-my mother, Min-Minho." I wrapped my arms around him, my face going to his shoulders. Sobs racked my body and I felt more arms wrapped around me. "They killed her!" I cried out and slumped into their arms.

"It's okay, Thomas, let it out," Sonya whispered into my ear. "We'll get them back, I promise." She kissed the back of my head. "You didn't deserve this. None of us do." I pulled back from Minho and faced Sonya who cradled me. My head was on her chest as tears fell from my eyes.

"They'll get what's coming to them, Muchacho," Jorge spoke, putting his hand on my shoulder in reassurance.

"I will kill Rat-man and his people," I grounded out, standing up. Sonya grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Are you sure that killing them is the answer?" Scott asked with his usual puppy eyes.

"Are you serious? After everything that you have witnessed, after what you just saw, you think they still deserve to live?" Minho questioned and then wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "It's a good thing that Thomas ditched you. You have no idea on what we have been through and how much pain that they have caused us. Mostly Thomas." He squeezed my shoulder and sent me a small smile.

"That doesn't mean–" Scott was cut off my Sonya who ran towards him and punched him. I jumped in shock and watched as Scott's face flew to the right.

"What the hell!?" Lydia screeched, walking towards Sonya who pushed her back. I watched as Lydia fell back into Liam. "Stiles! Are you just gonna stand there and watch!?" She scoffed in disbelief, looking at me.

"That's enough!" I bellowed. Everybody turned and faced me in surprise. "For the last fucking time, I am not Stiles freaking Stilinksi so stop calling me by that name!" I threw my hands up in the air, almost hitting Minho. "Sonya had the right to punch Scott because he is being a big moron, just like the rest of you." I pointed out, bringing a seething Sonya into my side. "You guys came here for a reason. And i'm pretty sure that it wasn't to save Newt. It was for me, right? To bring me back into your awaiting arms, right? Well, you know what? It's not gonna fucking happen. You guys have the right to be pissed. Hell, i'm fucking pissed! But you don't see me going around being a little baby about it." I paused, sighing.

"I just lost my fucking mother that I thought I had lost. The mother that had died. The mother that I totally had forgotten about. And here you are, whining about some pointless deaths. I had lost a lot of people, we had lost a lot of people thanks to Rat-man and Ava. They deserve to fucking die! They are rats after all." I kissed Sonya on the cheek. "Thank you for punching him before I did. "Scott," I turned to face a teary eyed Scott. "I will not be running back into yours and the packs warm hugs, got it? Good." I nodded my head. "You guys came here for a reason and now you're all stuck here. You won't be able to get out of here without our help and we're not leaving until we have Newt back. So, are you with us or are you gonna risk your lives out in a place you don't know anything about?"

"We're with you," Scott said, his voice wavering a little. The rest of the pack hesitantly nodded.

"I'm up to killing someone," Malia spoke after a few seconds of silence, raising her hand, her electric blue coyote eyes shining.

"Malia!" Scott scolded.

"Good, now let's rest and tomorrow, we will go out and see if we can find Newt."

Everybody nodded and we all stayed near each other and away from the dead bodies. I sighed, rubbing my face.

"Great speech, shank." Minho patted my shoulder before sitting down on the floor.