CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

" but I wasn't ready for this "

"What if he isn't at the Mountains, Tommy?" Minho questioned, worry for his best friend clear as day on his face. "I mean, what if Ratman already has him? What if he isn't here at all? What if he's dead somewhere thanks to a crank or something?"

"Minho." I sighed and gave him a pointed look. "He has to be out here. We at least owe ourselves to look around the whole scorch to find our best friend." I patted him on the back and gave a small smile.

"You're right, ya shank." He grinned, tripped me, and then ran away. "Gotcha." I lifted my head off the sandy ground, sand falling out of my mouth. "Oh, god." He laughed, tripping over a rock which sent me into a laughing fit. I then gagged on the sand that slipped down my throat.

"You better run Minho!" I yelled out, going to stand up but slipped and fell face first into the sand, again. As I looked back up, I found everyone chuckling at me.

Well, that was before an ear splitting scream surrounded out through the air. My head whipped up and looked at Minho was was getting drug down my a crank that decided to crawl out of the sand. I jumped up quickly, running with everyone else to help him out.

I ran straight forward, tackling the crank to the ground. I screamed in fear as the crank rolled over and was on top of me, trying to take a chunk out of my jugular. As it was millimeters away from chomping down on me, it was thrown about five feet away by Scott who flashed his red eyes.

As the crank got back up and ran towards us, it fell to the ground with a dagger through it's head. As it fell, we could see clearly who threw the dagger. And who stood there almost made me pee myself.

"Allison?" I jumped up, looking at the other two figures that took off their hoodies that had hidden their faces.

"Tommy?"

"Tom?"

I looked at the two figures who said my name and I gasped in shock and happiness.

"Newt," Both Minho and I yelled in unison before we ran forward and launched ourselves onto him.

I wrapped my arms around his small body and sighed in relief. I nuzzled my head into his neck and smiled in happiness.

"Stiles?" I looked over at Allison and smiled before I let go of Newt hesitantly and walked towards her.

"How are you..." I trailed off, confused.

"Alive?" She chuckled and shrugged before she wrapped her arms around me. "I forgive you," She told me, kissing my cheek before pulling away.

"Why is she forgiving you, Tommy?" I turned my head to Minho and gave him a small frown.

"Well..." I trailed off and then scratched the back of my neck as the rest gathered around us. "I might of or might've not killed her..." I glanced at Newt who just kept staring at me with wide eyes.

"It wasn't really you, Stiles," She told me and then her hand went to her stomach where the Oni's sword stabbed her. "It was the No–" she paused as she looked at all the new faces.

"Don't worry, they know about our world," I told her with a smile.

"Your world?" Newt and Teresa asked in unison.

"Werewolves are real." At that moment, Malia flashed her eyes blue.

"What?" Newt grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him. I gaped in surprise and looked to Minho who wiggled his eyebrows before turning to Allison with admired eyes. I giggled and leaned forward into Newt.

"I think Minny has a crush," I whispered into his ear. I saw him shiver and heard the intake or breath he took. "I'm glad you're alive, Newt," I told him, my right hand going to his shirt and took a handful of it. "Don't you ever leave me again." I cleared my throat, my face red. "I mean, don't you leave us again."

"I think I know what you mean." He turned his head and looked back at me, his brown eyes glanced down at my lips before he looked back up in my eyes.

I bit my lip and took a step closer to him but before anything could happen, there was about two dozen gun cocks and lights shone on us.

I looked away from Newt to see us surrounded, Ratman standing their with a smirk on his face.

"Well, look, it's Newt." He looked towards Newt with a sickly sweet smile and then chuckled. "Told you Thomas, I would find him." All of a sudden, everybody dropped with darts in their necks. Newt and I were the only ones standing. "And kill him." I growled and went to step forward when Newt and I both dropped to the ground, our faces only inches apart.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to Newt before my eyes closed and I fell into a deep darkness.