CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

" You deserve to be happy "

We walked into the school, the gladers on my left that included Newt, Minho, Teresa, Brenda, Aris, Harriet, Frypan, and Winston. On my right was the pack which consisted of Scott, Malia, Liam, Lydia, Allison and Mason. There was even a boy named Cory and a girl names Hayden that I didn't even see before we had left for the scorch, apparently they were out doing something. I smirked as I was in the lead, Minho, Newt and Scott by my side, the rest behind us.

Since we had gotten back to Beacon Hills, other than Clary aka Sonya had stayed. She had a life for herself in New York where she was a Shadowhunter. And yes, she had told us – except the pack – about her being a hunter that killed the evil things that went bump in the night. She had even showed us the sword she uses.

But,  anyway, we had gotten to like Scott and the others so we joined the pack, even Jorge, and we have become the strongest pack out there.

"Ya Shank, that girl over there is looking at you." Minho slapped my shoulder and gestured to the girl down the hall who was obviously looking at me.

I blushed and smiled at her and when she waved at me, Newt grabbed my hand and pulled me into his side, a glare on his face as he looked at the girl. The girl then looked at our combined hands and ran away into a classroom.

I bet my face was full blown red right now.

I cleared my throat and looked into Newt's eyes.

"Tommy." He smiled but his pupils were dilated and his nose wrinkled a little. His face reminded me of a cute little golden retriever puppy. I grinned at him and tilted my head a little. "Don't look at girls like that." He told me sternly. "Or anyone for that matter."

"What about you?" I blurted out and then awkwardly coughed.

"What?" He questioned, his eyes narrowed in confusion. His cheeks had a pink tint to it which made me slight proud about making him flushed.

"We should get to class, you love birds." Both Newt and I looked away, clearly embarrassed and flushed.

I opened up my bedroom door, a frown coming to my face as I saw Newt sitting on my bed, his thinking face on. I cleared my throat as I closed my bedroom door. He jumped up off my bed and looked at me with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, looking me up and down. I looked down and realized why. I was in basketball shorts and a tight white shirt that showed off my muscles.

"This is my room, Newtie." I grinned, looking around at my room before I looked right back at him to see his face full of shock and fear. "Newt, what's wro–"

Before I could even finish my question, he marched up to me, grabbed my face in his hands, and forced my lips onto his.

I froze in shock. Was this really happening? Are we actually kissing? Wait, you idiot, you're not even moving your damn lips. Come on Thomas, move those lips.

And so I did.

I deepened the kiss, my left hand grabbing a handful of his shirt and the other going through his dirty blonde hair. "Mhmm." I hummed, pulled back a little, biting down on his bottom lip before completely letting go.

"Tommy," Newt whispered as I laid my forehead on his. "I–I have been wanting to do that for a while now. I hope I didn't ruin our friendship."

"What friendship?" I questioned, pulling my forehead away from his. He looked me in the eyes, shocked.

"What?" He looked ready to cry.

"We can't be friends." I paused as I saw his heartbroken face. "I mean, if you're going to he my boyfriend, then we can't be friends." He made a sound of surprise. "Newt, will you be my boyfriend?"

"Wha– yes, yes!" He cleared his throat before nodding. "It will be an honor to be your boyfriend." I let out a happy noise in the back of my throat before I grabbed his face and pressed our lips together again.

"I really like you, Newt," I told him, pecking his lips before I pulled away to look into his eyes again.

"I really like you too, Tommy."

¤¤¤

I hope you guys really enjoyed this book because this is the end of the line for it ❤❤