°track 16

It was the week that the awards ceremony was to be held when the company received a call from the police department

It was the week that the awards ceremony was to be held when the company received a call from the police department. The BigHit team were not alarmed by the call since they were in partnership with them. The boys of BTS assisted them due to their skills in protecting the people while the police department handled the basics and protected the boys in return for their assistance. 

Their reputation and image was of utmost importance for the police. If anything were to happen to the boys or if their hidden identities as assassins were ever to be exposed, it would take a toll on not just them but everyone in the industry. The media would go wild, fans would begin to have trust issues with their favourite groups and the police department would have a lot to deal with in general.

"Who was on the phone manager hyung?" asked Jimin who was snacking on some baked chips.

"It's PD-nim, he said the police department has a task for you guys."

Jimin quickly sat up, one chip still in his mouth," Huh? At this hour? During this week?"

The manager nodded before showing Jimin the task message that was sent to his phone, "I'll forward the message to all of you guys."

Within the ever so quiet building, seven notification sounds went off.

"What's this about?" asked Jungkook while drying his hair with a towel.

There was a loud bang at the end of the hall, it was Namjoon, "Oops sorry for the dramatic entrance, hope I didn't scare anyone. Didn't mean to hit the door against the wall like that."

"I almost lost ten years of my life there Namjoon, jeez I thought someone had broke in," said Hoseok with his hands clutching his chest.

"If it was only a more pleasant wake up call," muttered Yoongi half awake as he joined the others.

Later Taehyung and Seokjin arrived to join everyone to talk about what task the police department had sent out to them. 

"Why must it be during the most nerve-wracking time that the police request our help?" sighed Seokjin who sat down next to Jimin, burying his face into his hands.

Taehyung pouted his lips, "I thought we had a break from all that stuff so we could properly prepare for the awards ceremony..."

"Hey now you guys, don't feel this way. We already knew these kinds of things were bound to happen once we stepped foot into the world of becoming assassins. We cannot avoid it, especially if it's the actual police in need of our help," assured Namjoon with his arms crossed over one another.

"Okay so what's the task?" asked Jungkook.

"Let me reread the message... seems like we need to infiltrate some media building to make sure that their content is appropriate and are not simply tabloids to ruin the reputation of those in the music industry," replied Namjoon, "And... rescue a hostage...?"

"When do we have to make our move?" asked Hoseok, "Don't tell me it's tonight..."

"Looks like I don't even need to tell you for you to know," smiled Namjoon.

"Ah shit, me and my big mouth, I must've jinxed it," sighed Hoseok.

The boys groaned in unison and went to go get ready for their pursuit. It was obvious that they were tired but nothing stopped them from pursuing justice, even if it's something they don't know enough about. If the police requests for their help, there's no choice for them to back out, all because they respect them. They respected the idea of justice, they respected the work of the police, more importantly they respected the citizens that they protected.

"So this is the building we're infiltrating?" asked Taehyung when they arrived at the destination.

"Yes," nodded one of the police officers, "The hostage is located in the main media room based on our tracking system."

"What are the reasons for the hostage to be there at this hour?" asked Yoongi with a rather frustrated tone.

"From the info we managed to gather, we believe that the people who are holding the person hostage are trying to hide something from being posted by the media," replied the other police officer, "And the hostage happened to be one of the people in charge of releasing the post."

"What you're saying is that they're holding the person against their will and perhaps are threatening them to keep quiet about something?" questioned Jimin.

"Yes, that is correct," said the police officer, "We have already cleared the area and got the okay from the main department for you to infiltrate the building."

"Alright thank you very much sir," nodded Namjoon before gesturing the members to huddle around him, "Let's get in there and finish our mission, okay!?"

"OKAY!" exclaimed the boys in unison.

All seven of the boys wore their bulletproof vests in case the enemy was armed. They all grabbed their assigned weapons and entered the building. Yoongi had hacked the building's security system while Seokjin and Hoseok scanned the area. With one gesture, Namjoon lead the boys to the ninth floor. 

While standing at the staircase door, right outside of the ninth floor, the boys loaded their handguns once more.

"It's time," whispered Jungkook, "Aim your gun! Ready! Fire!."