𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

Jonny hadn't explained to his parents, he was bringing two friends to their house so, late on a Friday night he stood at a pay phone. Much like he promised his friends, they were able to have them for the weekend. It had been a last minute plan that went through. Silent curse words were mumbled by Jonny as the rain began to fall while he walked to meet the others in front of Guy's car. Jonny was well aware that Guy liked cars.

    From the fact that his dorm had posters of race cars to the folders that had photos of cars plastered all over them. The car looked a bit different than Jonny remembered, it had been painted. It seemed self-painted by the quality but, it did look better than before. He also saw that Chris had taken the front passenger seat, so, he was stuck in the back with all their stuff. 

   As soon as Jonny opened the car door, the radio was already blaring pop songs at its near max volume. Jonny had brought the passages he had to read in his next English class to read while Chris hadn't. He was just scrolling through the radio and asking Guy questions. It was the first time the two had an actual conversation (if you consider a conversation asking the other what their favorite color is). Chris' concern about them not getting along faded when they began talking about their favorite and least favorite music. 

   Jonny hadn't stepped into the conversation until the two agreed that jazz was their least favorite music genre. That caused Jonny to put down his paper and argue as politely as possible with the other two. Guy quieted back down, keeping his eyes on the road as he listened to Jonny and Chris bicker. As patient as Guy was, he got tired of the argument quicker so, he raised the volume even higher and gave a quick glare. 

   That quieted them down, which led Jonny to pick up his papers and resume reading while Chris tried to think about what Jonny's parents would be like. Prior to what Jonny had said the ride wasn't so short. Guy has pulled out the map before heading out, turns out the few hours Jonny had spoken about was a bit less than a whole day without traffic. When Jonny was confronted about it, he said that he rarely visited them, which made the other two draw up their own conclusions on why. 

    They had left early enough so that the beginning of their trip had less traffic but, it was quite dark outside. Chris had asked how they met and Jonny chuckled and said, "he was trying to copy my notes." Neither totally remembered how it started, but it ended with one of them saying that they stayed up late practicing their instrument. Guy shook his head and disagreed, "You were the one that looked at my notes, remember?"

     After they fully explained it, both using the wrong names and talking about the wrong classes. After mixing up all the details explaining how they meant, they laughed, realizing that nearly all of it was wrong except for the fact that they met in class. Chris asked about Guy's car. It was quite old and it rarely worked, but something about antique cars intrigued him. As a child, he wanted to be a race car driver. 

   While that didn't exactly pan out yet, he really enjoyed bass so, he was glad to be playing with others again. Chris continued to bug Guy, saying how hungry he was every ten or so minutes. When Jonny got sick of hearing it, he said, "let's stop for something so we don't have to later." Guy frowned, "but, we'll come back just to traffic."

   While that was true, Chris said, "we won't be able to get food later if there is traffic." Finally, the bassist agreed to stop. They all debated on where to go, until Guy got tired of it and left on the next exit, so they'd simply eat whatever was even there. Jonny pointed somewhere so, that's where Guy parked. 

   When they went inside, it was nearly empty which caused Guy to think it wasn't very good then. Before Guy could protest, Chris and Jonny had already grabbed menus and a table. Once they had ordered three of the cheapest meal on the menu, Jonny warned the others not to engage in conversation with his parents because they would question them to figure out what their son was doing. Guy and Chris knew Jonny was mostly harmless, he rarely did anything too drastic. When their food arrived, they all began eating. Guy was right, it wasn't very good, but, they were all hungry so they couldn't care less.