𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇

Saturday morning's bright sun didn't wake them up, the sound of Jonny's father dropping plates did. Guy being a light sleeper woke up first. After glancing around and figuring somebody had simply dropped something, he got up from the floor where he had fallen asleep. Even though the basement only had a single window, Guy adjusted the blinds hoping it would wake the others up. 

  Soon enough, Jonny complained about how early it was but, Guy insisted that they needed to work on getting a gig. So, Jonny sat up and looked at him, "So, how would you plan on doing that?" After turning to Jonny, Guy said, "We can go to every bar and restaurant to see if they'll take us." Jonny frowned, "Seems kind of intense."

   Even though they were desperate to make it work, Guy took it to another level, "So? We can do it." Jonny frowned, "We don't even have a name, Guy! We aren't ready." Guy sighed, " I'll come up with one if it'll get you to help." Jonny chuckled, "I'll tell Chris, you can wash up or something."

   Guy nodded and went into the restroom, listing every cool word he could think of in his head. Adding Z at the end of words was a moderately common way that bands were named and Guy liked that. When he walked back to see Chris and Jonny talking, he grinned, "It's about time we do some advertising anyway." 

  Jonny teased, "Come up with a name yet?" Guy nodded, "I was thinking something with a z, like Apez or Pectoralz." Chris and Jonny looked at each other before Chris said, "Maybe Pectoralz as a place name. Just something to put on the papers for now, yeah?"

   Guy nodded, "Yeah, I didn't like the name much either, but, it'll be something." The day's hours were going to waste so Jonny said, "If we're going to do this, we should spread out to different places." With a nod, Guy asked, "Should we meet back here at five?" Chris chuckled and said, "That is if I don't get lost." 

  Jonny shrugged, "You could come with me." Not wanting to do it alone, Chris nodded and said, "Sure." Jonny introduced his friends to his mother; the woman seemed nice, but, she was too occupied with her work to pay much attention to them. They headed in different directions after reaffirming their plan to meet back at five. Chris elbowed Jonny, "You excited? I'm sure at least one place will take us." 

   Jonny shrugged, "I think we should've prepared some cassette tapes or something." The three initial places they went to outright rejected them after giving a quick glance. When Jonny huffed about their plan not working, Chris shook his head and said, "The night is young! There are so many other places." Jonny muttered, "It's not even night yet and we've been rejected." Chris shrugged, "Maybe Guy is having better luck." In short, he wasn't. Turns out that other bands frequently did the same thing they were doing, showing up unannounced at a venue. 

---

I'm running out of ideas, yikes! Comments and votes are much appreciated. Thanks!